PL2 or Central League

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't no they get paid a fortune, god help they might get muddy ffs, you're mad and your views on football baffle me completely.
It's not about getting muddy haha. You sign with a club expecting one thing and 6 months later they can have a new manager who doesn't want to play you and spend 3 years not playing and being told to look for loans to here there and everywhere but you're supposed to be completely loyal through all of it.

Clubs don't look out for players, why should they be required to look out for the club?

This would be acceptable if the club actually had the player's best interests at heart, but they don't, so players shouldn't be expected to show blind loyalty.
What a load of codswallop ,they are paid professionals and should behave that way .They are now doing studies on the effect of heading balls in training so "but they don't "seems a tad off for me .Can I ask have you been watching football for any length of time ? As far back as Billy Bingham the club were paying for a new roof on players houses and the like .
No one can say they are not pampered .

It's not about getting muddy haha. You sign with a club expecting one thing and 6 months later they can have a new manager who doesn't want to play you and spend 3 years not playing and being told to look for loans to here there and everywhere but you're supposed to be completely loyal through all of it.

Clubs don't look out for players, why should they be required to look out for the club?
The same applies to every job ,a new boss and you are out if they don't like you ! Where do you get the idea that they can't break their contracts? You are a wind up merchant for sure.

The same applies to every job ,a new boss and you are out if they don't like you ! Where do you get the idea that they can't break their contracts? You are a wind up merchant for sure.
If I got an offer to double my salary and go work at a better company today I could and nothing my current company could do would stop me.

Now if Chelsea wanted to offer DCL double his pay and a chance to play in their clearly better team can he go? Obviously no.

So no, I'm not winding up, it is fundamentally different and as such players should look after themselves to the extent they can.

They can already do that for a few weeks with the u23s if they want. To me reserves implies they'd be involved for extended periods if they weren't in the first XI and that I don't see.
I think it'd be a more fluid 'squad' than that. 1st teamers coming and going as needed. Then regulars would be some youth players and some backup fringe players.
If I got an offer to double my salary and go work at a better company today I could and nothing my current company could do would stop me.
Technically any player can buy themselves out of their contract whenever they want (or maybe within the last 2 years or something?). Sure Fat Frank did it near the end of his career, and has happened in Europe maybe, with their next team effectively reimbursing them for it.

Sad how times are now but thinking about this again I'd bet insurers would not be happy with a return to this. You'd see true top flight world stage players making their come back in these games with lads on the other side wanting to make their point....no quarter given.

With even the likes of Gylfie at 40m quid now I can't see many being risked in a come back game in what I always thought was one of the fiercest leagues in the land.

I think it'd be a more fluid 'squad' than that. 1st teamers coming and going as needed. Then regulars would be some youth players and some backup fringe players.

Technically any player can buy themselves out of their contract whenever they want (or maybe within the last 2 years or something?). Sure Fat Frank did it near the end of his career, and has happened in Europe maybe, with their next team effectively reimbursing them for it.
I'm not sure how it works exactly and there are definitely weird mechanisms but the point that they aren't normal employees at a normal job remains.

Another issues as with a lot of these things is the "Big 6" who with European games won't need more places to send players. They'll be against it and that often makes it tough.

Now if Chelsea wanted to offer DCL double his pay and a chance to play in their clearly better team can he go? Obviously no.

So no, I'm not winding up, it is fundamentally different and as such players should look after themselves to the extent they can.
You only see your point of view ,if Chelsea want DCL they will get him as long as he wants to go .That point has been proven over and over .

I'm not sure how it works exactly and there are definitely weird mechanisms but the point that they aren't normal employees at a normal job remains.

Another issues as with a lot of these things is the "Big 6" who with European games won't need more places to send players. They'll be against it and that often makes it tough.
Yes, certainly it is not a normal 'job', however they get paid enough (at that level at least) to still stick to some of the normal 'rules' of normal jobs imo.

The big 6 generally have bigger squads tho, so could still see some benefit from it. Especially the likes of Chelsea who have about a million 'youth' players.

Yes, certainly it is not a normal 'job', however they get paid enough (at that level at least) to still stick to some of the normal 'rules' of normal jobs imo.

The big 6 generally have bigger squads tho, so could still see some benefit from it. Especially the likes of Chelsea who have about a million 'youth' players.
My guess is the "Big 6" would prefer to have their B teams in the pyramid like other countries do

They aren't normal employees. I can quit my job tomorrow. They can't. They shouldn't expected to act as such.

I don't think you want a football setup where they resemble someone working a desk job.
Of course they can quit, anyone can quit. They are not slaves, whether they want to give up a lucrative salary for kicking a bag of air around is a separate question.

Legally and contractually they are bound by the same laws as any other employees. Maybe you mean that there would be crippling repurcussions for the player but it is legal for a player to quit like any other employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.