PL2 or Central League

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact thinking about the "kids" who broke through in to the big time those days is amazing. Never saw anyone hit the ground running like Mick Buckley for instance......no quarter given and no "oh he's only 23" nonesense.

I still used to get to the ground at 1.30, even for a reserve match, just loved being in the place....what a melt lol
Totally different game then, before Bellfield the first team used to train on a cinder pitch on what is now the hospitality area behind the Park End, because my mate at schools Dad was an ex player and his brother was in the A team, the groundsman would let us kick one of the practice balls around on it before the Central League games
And once let us have a kick about on the pitch after a game before they started work on the main pitch. Can remember scoring a pen in the Gwlady St like it was yesterday lol

Totally different game then, before Bellfield the first team used to train on a cinder pitch on what is now the hospitality area behind the Park End, because my mate at schools Dad was an ex player and his brother was in the A team, the groundsman would let us kick one of the practice balls around on it before the Central League games
And once let us have a kick about on the pitch after a game before they started work on the main pitch. Can remember scoring a pen in the Gwlady St like it was yesterday lol
Brilliant story mate

Status
Not open for further replies.