PL Fixtures announcement 2022/23 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
SKY and BBC sports are already talking about the RS and Citeh games as 'title deciders'.

Proof positive that football is dead.
I saw the BBC sport headline yesterday. "City vs West Ham, Liverpool vs Fulham and Forest vs Newcastle".

Why do they need to mention Liverpool at all? They finished second. Fair enough mentioning the champions or Forest since it's been so long. But Liverpool? Do they always have a fixation on the second place team when they announce fixtures? Was this the case when United finished second the season before last ( had a quick search and couldn't find the page) ?

2020/2021 announcement attached. No mention of City.

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_123941.jpg
    IMG_20220617_123941.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 76
I saw the BBC sport headline yesterday. "City vs West Ham, Liverpool vs Fulham and Forest vs Newcastle".

Why do they need to mention Liverpool at all? They finished second. Fair enough mentioning the champions or Forest since it's been so long. But Liverpool? Do they always have a fixation on the second place team when they announce fixtures? Was this the case when United finished second the season before last ( had a quick search and couldn't find the page) ?

City got main headline in most outlets yesterday and the original BBC report on the landing page had their fixture as main headline.

View attachment 170264

Last edited:

It absolutely kills that lot to see that their greatest dream never materialised. They'd have celebrated us going down like they'd won 10 Champions Leagues.

I hope we leave the ball alone for those two derbies and launch season ending challenges on their asthmatics.

I wouldn't be arsed with 6 or 7 sendings off as long as the A&E was rammed with their players.

Because it's a media outlet in the end and it got you (and many others evidently) riled up, clicked on it and then talked about it.

Yep
beat Man Utd 1-0 Home Aug 2012 -(Fellaini)
Drew 2-2 at Norwich 2013 - (Barkley/Coleman)
Drew 2-2 at Leicester 2014 - (McGeady/Naismith )
Drew 2-2 home v Watford 2015 - (Barkley/Kone)
Drew 1-1 Home v Spurs 2016 - (Barkley)
Beat Stoke 1-0 Home 2017- (Rooney)
Drew 2-2 at Wolves 2018 (Rich with Both)
Drew 0-0 at Palace 2019
Beat Spurs 1-0 2020 (Lewin)- the Behind closed doors game
Beat Saints 3-1 season just gone (Richarlison/Doucoure/Lewin)
...the Wolf's Winkle one and only PL goal....Everton that

We have a fairly easy schedule to finish out the campaign, and for the most part the matches against the top teams are all shoved together in 3 sections. If we can simply show up for matches against the bottom half I think its a favorable schedule with a real opportunity to finish strong.

Anyone know when more details about the matches will be released? More precisely I'm thinking about the match against West Ham 17 September.

Status
Not open for further replies.