Pinpointing a moment.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the days when a lot of people wanted Moyes out because he could only take us to 5th place
I was listening to a thing the other week about Alan Curbishley at Charton, he nearly got them into the Champions League, they were doing well under him, he left when they started getting big ideas, the following season they got relegated and have never come back.
Some managers just suit certain clubs, meanwhile sone clubs and fans have delusional ideas of entitlement

Rooney was not value for money.

Respectfully disagree, 11 goals in 40 appearances in 17/18 as a midfielder / second striker is a decent return in a horrifically low-quality team, even if three of those were penalties. He was let down by scandalously poor recruitment in the other attacking areas of the pitch.

Come to think about it, the rot had started even earlier in 2017 when we recruited Schneiderlin for 20,000,000 in the January window - even though we already had midfield crabs McCarthy, Barry, and Gueye in the team.

Absolute nonsense, for a start James had bailed on us the previous season, couldn't even be bothered with the final game, was more interested in his Instagram and jet plane. And Lucas, who was crap under Carlo too, he only had to hang on a few days, everyone knew Rafael was going, if he wanted to stay all he had to do was wait a week, not that we missed him anyway.
There was horrible atmosphere at times within the club before this anyway.
Yep. James had a foot out the door the second Real Madrid came calling for Carlo.

Putting this up

Untitled.png

Respectfully disagree, 11 goals in 40 appearances in 17/18 as a midfielder / second striker is a decent return in a horrifically low-quality team, even if three of those were penalties. He was let down by scandalously poor recruitment in the other attacking areas of the pitch.
I dont agree, he was no longer fit to play the role he was asked to, and was therefor moved around into positions he wasnt nearly as effective in. Many of his goals were penalties and his extreme lack of speed hindered the other players. We were a lot better when he left imo. It was a waste of money and only stroked Bills tearwet ego.

I dont agree, he was no longer fit to play the role he was asked to, and was therefor moved around into positions he wasnt nearly as effective in. Many of his goals were penalties and his extreme lack of speed hindered the other players. We were a lot better when he left imo. It was a waste of money and only stroked Bills tearwet ego.
Bill's sycophantic ego in "bringing a boyhood blue home" was ultimate cringe, that's for sure.

I don’t know how far back we are going but the psychological blow Heysel dealt to this club just as we had the best team we had ever assembled was massive.

It took years to recover from it, if we ever did, and by that time Peter Johnson was honcho.

All downhill from then onwards.

I don’t know how far back we are going but the psychological blow Heysel dealt to this club just as we had the best team we had ever assembled was massive.

It took years to recover from it, if we ever did, and by that time Peter Johnson was honcho.

All downhill from then onwards.
I was looking post-Moyes, but yep, Heysel and the European ban saw several clubs overtake us leading into the premier league era.

The day the King's Dock option expired.

You can argue the rights or wrongs of that site until your blue in the face. The point being the owner stood up infront of shareholders and stated the money was there. He wheeled out his new friend, the imaginary Everton fan and the Greggs walked away knowing there time was done. Used and tossed aside.

The man is an utterly shameless liar. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't recognise his lies anymore because it's his default setting. Over two decades of easily proven lies, with each one his supporters doubling down in defense of their blue blooded hero.

Various fan groups have been trying their best to peel away his mask for virtually his whole reign, only to be then shouted down by the happy clappers.

He's responsible for the angry and divided fanbase. Thounds upon thousands are especially angry because they have only just realised having ignored the warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.