'Pick the player, not the name'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walken

Player Valuation: £90m
Capello's words after being asked about dropping Lampard, good sentiments if you ask me.

I hope David Moyes will start thinking along similar lines, If Jags has his fourth horror show in a row, or if when Colemans fully fit and looks an option at RB while Nev is providing nothing other than traffic directions, or any number of other scenarios. Take them out the firing line, it doesnt make them bad players, it just means they are not the form player at that moment.

This business of picking as many favourites as he possibly can regardless of form or opposition really has to stop.

Yeah, because Capello never chooses by reputation alone.

The hilarious thing is he did exactly that in the same game - Chris Smalling (yeah, if he were still at Fulham he'd be capped for sure!) and Ashley Cole (he's on form honest) ^^

The hilarious thing is he did exactly that in the same game - Chris Smalling (yeah, if he were still at Fulham he'd be capped for sure!) and Ashley Cole (he's on form honest) ^^

Exactamundo.

agreed, but thats not really the point, the sentiment still stands, and its one of Moyes biggest failings

This is in the Everton forum for a reason lids.

I think the OP's point was how Moyes can be accused of picking names rather than players.

Fabio is a massive hypocrite but again, this is about Moyes I think.

Okay, Ashley Cole is debatable, but what's wrong with playing Smailing? He was a back up player for Fulham (and as CB on top of that) and now he's a starting CB in an excellent United team.

Status
Not open for further replies.