RFUS

Anustart
Saha
Anichebe
Yakubu
Beckford
Vaughan
Cahill

If we were to play 4-4-2, with two out and out strikers, what 2 of the ones above would you pick?

I'd really like to see the Yak and Big Vic partner each other. And another one I wouldn't mind is Vaughan and Vic. A bit of variety; pace and power, and a bit of youthful exuberance.

Bear in mind this is all hypothetical -- curiosity more than anything. The question isn't who are our best two strikers, it's what combo you'd be interested in seeing.

EDIT: If you're really feeling another formation, with maybe 1 or 3 forwards instead, then post it anyway :p

Last edited:
If we were to play 4-4-2, with two out and out strikers, what 2 of the ones above would you pick?

I'd really like to see the Yak and Big Vic partner each other. And another one I wouldn't mind is Vaughan and Vic. A bit of variety; pace and power, and a bit of youthful exuberance.

Bear in mind this is all hypothetical -- curiosity more than anything. The question isn't who are our best two strikers, it's what combo you'd be interested in seeing.

Can we AT LEAST TRY Yak and Jermaine ??? Just a couple of games , Ginge' ???

Can we AT LEAST TRY Yak and Jermaine ??? Just a couple of games , Ginge' ???

I'd welcome that. Theoretically, it could work, as the Yak loves to feed people in and boy can he pick a pass. And of course Jermaine's game has always been about having another striker as a shield, and then running onto whatever they play through.

Until BluTak's thread earlier, I kind of forgot about Vic as a striker

No idea if they would work together, but if Yak and Vic went up front together, I know it would defo cause a few problems more than Saha on his own........I vote for them

Yakubu
Peinaar - Cahill - Donovan
Arteta - Felliani
Baines - Distin - Jags - Colman/Neville
Howard

4-2-3-1
with Pienaar, Cahill, and Donovan ALL pushing upfield (so I guess answering your question, I'd pair him with all 3 of these).
Also with Captiain Neville and Rodwell (maybe Heitinga if he's still around) stepping in to support Arteta, Felliani, Jags, Distin, Coleman as needed for rest/rotation/injury. Bily can spell Cahill. All other strikers can replace Yak if needed.

Last edited:

Howard
Coleman Distin Jags Bains
Neville
Arteta Rodwell Cahill
Yak Beckford

This is how I would setup the team...Attacking all the way....Neville droping into back three when baines and coleman have bombed forward...some of you will probably scoff at this but it works for me on Football Manager..lol....

Yakubu
Peinaar - Cahill - Donovan
Arteta - Felliani
Baines - Distin - Jags - Colman/Neville
Howard

4-2-3-1
with Pienaar, Cahill, and Donovan ALL pushing upfield (so I guess answering your question, I'd pair him with all 3 of these).
Also with Captiain Neville (and Heitinga if he's still around) stepping in to support Arteta, Felliani, Jags, Distin, Coleman as needed for rest/rotation/injury.

I'm a big fan of that potential system.

Although if Pienaar left (when), I'd either play Gueye on the left, or have Vic on one flank and Donovan on the other, and have them swap throughout the game.

If you want this topic to relevant we should be asking which of our strikers do we want to see playing ahead of Cahill, who is our main/only source of goals at the mo.

We all know the formation DM and many other PM Managers like 4-5-1

Anyway the strongest part of our squad is midfield so surely we should be getting as many of our quality players on the pitch as possible, not trying to find a top class combination out of less than top class strikers.

I would have said Saha ahead of Cahill but on recent shows I think Yak should get a run of 4 games

Seriously cant drop Cahill.So I guess Yak and Cahill but would love to see Beckford get a decent run.No chance of 4-3-3?

I've edited the original post now. I guess if you're more into a 4-3-3 that's cool, I just didn't want this to deteriorate into another formation thread. The focus was on front pairings :)

If you want this topic to relevant we should be asking which of our strikers do we want to see playing ahead of Cahill, who is our main/only source of goals at the mo.

We all know the formation DM and many other PM Managers like 4-5-1

Anyway the strongest part of our squad is midfield so surely we should be getting as many of our quality players on the pitch as possible, not trying to find a top class combination out of less than top class strikers.

I would have said Saha ahead of Cahill but on recent shows I think Yak should get a run of 4 games

I didn't ask what formations we should start with. Said striker pairings could be an option for late on in games.

We've seen Moyes play with 2 out and out strikers, or even 3, late on in games. I'm just asking what strikers might complement each other, mate.

I would play Yakubu with Cahill behind, Saha is very used to sitting on the bench.

I'm not sure I want any of our strikers (aside from Cahill if we're calling him that) on the field at all -- they seem determined to miss every chance they get. I'm aware the response to this is that they haven't been given enough chances. That said, this ...

Howard
Back Four
Coleman-Arteta-Fellaini(Rodwell)-Pienaar(Rodwell)-Gueye(Donovan?)
Cahill

... appeals to me more than playing two strikers. However, if I had to pick, I'd give Yak and Beck a chance together. Saha has certainly had enough time to play his way onto the bench. Yak is getting close as well but not quite there so put him and Beck on I guess. Not sure any of them have done anything to deserve it -- it's more a case of extremely wishful thinking to suggest two of our strikers would work as so far they've unfortunately been woeful.

The word pick would suggest the team you would start with, mate.

Late on in games he has thrown them all on

No offense, but are you blind?

"what 2 of the ones above would you pick?"

I clearly wasn't referring to what team you'd start with. Just a striker pairing you'd like to see. I really thought I'd stressed this, what with the name of the thread and with me underlining the last line of the OP to stress that too.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.