2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a servant to the club. You couldn’t ask for more from him. It’s probably the right time though. I can see him going back to Sheffield for one season, maybe. Good luck Phil, love ya. I’ll never tire of watching your screamer against the RS.

What a servant to the club. You couldn’t ask for more from him. It’s probably the right time though. I can see him going back to Sheffield for one season, maybe. Good luck Phil, love ya. I’ll never tire of watching your screamer against the RS.
[/QUOT]

100% with the blades back in the premier league he will go there

tenor.gif

Thanks for everything. The Penalty at Wembley to provide those celebrations. The Derby goal, but just your general all round career at Goodison.

His distribution annoyed me at times, but overall I'd say he's the best centre-back I've seen at Everton.

Great defender and no coincidence that he was 50% of our two best central-defensive partnerships in the Premier League, with Lescott and then Distin.. Possibly too nice to be a great captain, though he was unfortunate, after Moyes appointed him, to serve under a succession of unsuitable or incompetent managers; by the time Marco arrived, who I hope is neither of those, he was way over the hill. Jags was an very much an old-fashioned pro: just put his head down and got on with it.

I'm sure we'll all miss his splendid suntan come next August.

One of the newspapers, the *** I think, saying we axed jags like we’ve just dumped him. He’s been here 12 years and is nearly 37. What more do they want? He will probably have a testimonial in a few months time as well. The way some of them go on do they expect clubs to keep every player they ever signed. I didn’t even read it, only seen the headline on google and that was enough. A negative headline when it should be a positive one for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great defender, maybe shouldn't have played so many games under the last few managers before Silva but can't fault him as he's always given 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.