Phil Jagielka signs new 4 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

So even though he was contracted until 2014, we offer him a new contract?!

Baiscally just giving him a wage rise.

So even though he was contracted until 2014, we offer him a new contract?!

Baiscally just giving him a wage rise.

Who knows what was going on -- maybe he was being tapped up and the agent said "look, he doesn't want to leave and cause a scene in the summer, but he's being offered 50% more at another club, he'd rather stay here if you could bump him up by at least 30%."

The fact it was done quietly is either a testament to Jags, Jag's agent, and/or even the club ... even so Kenwright out and all of course but at least this seems to have been handled reasonably well.

Who knows what was going on -- maybe he was being tapped up and the agent said "look, he doesn't want to leave and cause a scene in the summer, but he's being offered 50% more at another club, he'd rather stay here if you could bump him up by at least 30%."

The fact it was done quietly is either a testament to Jags, Jag's agent, and/or even the club ... even so Kenwright out and all of course but at least this seems to have been handled reasonably well.

I agree.

It's great news, he definitely likes the club in his heart and is enjoying his time as well. He is one of the best defenders in the league and if he didn't have that injury, he'd be up there with Vidic at this moment in time.

It's great news, he definitely likes the club in his heart and is enjoying his time as well. He is one of the best defenders in the league and if he didn't have that injury, he'd be up there with Vidic at this moment in time.

On the plus side, Distin's stepped up this season.

Maybe I'm biased, but I think if I was to pick the top 4 defenders in the league this season, I'd have Distin and Baines in there. Alongside Vidic and er... well there's no good RBs in this league!

Status
Not open for further replies.