Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because :
1) We are only Everton and we are in the middle of the table where we belong according to officials -
2)Deulefeu won't get a penalty because he is already good enough without penalizing defenders - and he tends to over dramatize the foul
3)Lukaku is too big and strong so "nobody can bring him down" and he is a bad actor on top of that -
4)We play without a pacy left wing like Mirallas who is good at running at defenders - but prefer slower ones like Osman and Cleverly who never run into the box.
How many penalties have we conceded compared to other teams though? that could be interesting
we have conceded 3 in the league, dunno about the cup matches

its simple really, we don't hunt for them, with other sides its a tactic, teams play to win them, we don't, we just try ti score

sure, but vardy is he that much quicker than lukaku or deulofeu? or barkley even for that matter?

Its the way he makes his runs as well. Always on the shoulder of the defender making runs in behind. Different to a winger and midfielder. Vardy is rapid! He's made the fastest sprint this season and Bellerin (who's extremely fast) said Vardy when asked whos the quickest in the prem.

Its the way he makes his runs as well. Always on the shoulder of the defender making runs in behind. Different to a winger and midfielder. Vardy is rapid! He's made the fastest sprint this season and Bellerin (who's extremely fast) said Vardy when asked whos the quickest in the prem.
fair enough, i didn't say he isn't that quick, i just didn't know. Am baffled why they get so many pens and we get none, so maybe thats one explanation.

We never get a lot of pens. Liverpool's title challenge a couple of years ago was almost solely based on penalties. Think they had more than 10. Didn't we almost go a calendar year without a pen in Martinez' first season? Think we got one in the last min away to stoke on 30 December.

we're too nice. said it many times before, all prem refs crumble under any pressure, they see us as an easy target to disagree with because we don't kick up a fuss nor have a manager who highlights it.

i was gutted a few seasons back when we didn't have a pen all season and then got one in the last game.

It's a fair point. We must be in the opposition box more than most teams and get nothing.

I'm sure Liverpool had a season a couple years back where they played virtually a third of the season against teams with ten men too.

Status
Not open for further replies.