Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchFarmBlue

Player Valuation: £2.5m
We don't get many penalties it seems.

This season we've had 2- both in the league cup- Arsenal in comparison have an impressive 14.

Are we just unlucky or, is it a measure of our attacking play in and around the box?

Would have to say our players are too cautious with the ball, turning away from the box, playing it back out to wing or whatever.

Sometimes should just switch up a gear and try and knock the ball past the player to the byline, if you feel contact, go down.

We are too nice and honest in general too, its all well and good getting praise from the commentators for not making a meal out of a challenge, but most likely the player that committed the foul escaped a yellow card because of lack of complaints.

We're one of only 2 teams in the league to not have had a pen this season. The other is Birmingham.

We've had a fair few appeals, so I'd say being unlucky is at least part of it.

And if you're one of the many blues who feels the refs have always had it out for us, the season before last we went all season without getting one, before finally getting our first during the last game of the season.

Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have had the most (6).

We're one of only 2 teams in the league to not have had a pen this season. The other is Birmingham.

We've had a fair few appeals, so I'd say being unlucky is at least part of it.

And if you're one of the many blues who feels the refs have always had it out for us, the season before last we went all season without getting one, before finally getting our first during the last game of the season.

Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal have had the most (6).

On that point we've got the not so loveable Lee Mason in charge on Tuesday night.

Its because we fart about with the ball in the middle of the pitch too much. And how many of our players make runs with the ball into the penalty area?

Saying refs have it in for us is the same kind of guff supporters of all teams come out with.

Off the top of my head I dont recall too many clear cut pens.

I think its cos we mainly do our work on the wings and balls into the box, hopefully if the RS get Suarez he can pratice his volleyball skills in the next derby.

What are the odds after not getting any pens all season, we'll end up in a penalty shootout at Stamford Bridge against Lampard, Drogba et al ?

Its because we fart about with the ball in the middle of the pitch too much. And how many of our players make runs with the ball into the penalty area?

Saying refs have it in for us is the same kind of guff supporters of all teams come out with.

This!
Not enough pacey runs into the box... It's like we're scared or something!

Should have had 2 against Stoke, Saha getting sliced in half by Shawcross and the keeper.

But other than that we've spent a combined total of about 12 minutes in the box anyway.

It's because we don't often play through the box much - the ball mainly goes out to the wing where it's whipped in.

having the evidence is a different kettle of fish tho. about 3 seasons ago Moyes sent the FA a tape of about ten or twelve denials of stonewall pens we shouldve been given(by january) the FA agreed that about 80% were cast iron, nailed on penalties. given that some d*ckhead pundits reckon decisions even themselves out- i`m waiting for us to get about 40 soft ones- y`know the type i mean like Anelka running straight into Howerd, who is standing still but is penalised for not getting out of Anelkas way.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.