Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick wel justified. excellent kicks though he still got much to learn from sensei Seagull Cantona??

Attachments

• 16431809602883.jpg
    16431809602883.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 60

You making it sound like he went looking for Vieira.

The lad was an idiot, but if you think waving about in someone's face deserves a hiding then.... christ.

100% guaranteed had that been another manager like Gerrard giving the boot to the lad, your view and everyone else's would be vastly different.
No it wouldn’t. The fan is a moron. He should’ve been enjoying Everton’s win with everyone else down there, not winding up Viera.

When you make the decision to run on the pitch, you can’t fallback on the tacit protections that allow fans to hurl whatever abuse they wish from the stands and expect no consequences.

If you enter the professionals’ space and shove a phone in one of their faces, you absolutely run the risk of getting a kicking.

That’s fair enough, to my mind. You broke the rules first to get yourself there. You wanted a reaction. You got one.

It was totally unlike the Ronaldo situation.

Give him a slap on the wrist but nothing more - utterly stupid of a fan to be shouting in his face when we’ve just stayed up - WTF do Palace matter at that moment

Could of turned very nasty that, like PV could of got a hiding from some dead beats. Thank god there were some sensible blues around him at the time.

Nah. Was one nobhead winding him up and he reacted. Everyone else jumped in, split them up, walked Viera back to the changies.

That won't get talked about though.

Should just be left at that

you can't expect to be in somebody's face like that and not get a reaction. while Patrick was out of order I just think the FA need to brush it off

I haven’t read the full thread and neither PV nor the fan come out with anything other than looking bad but and here’s the but where were the stewards? It was abundantly clear that the supporters were going to come onto the pitch and that was understandable but the changing room configuration at Goodson is far from safe in such situations

I haven’t read the full thread and neither PV nor the fan come out with anything other than looking bad but and here’s the but where were the stewards? It was abundantly clear that the supporters were going to come onto the pitch and that was understandable but the changing room configuration at Goodson is far from safe in such situations
In fairness, the stewards had a bit on… what with the old enormous pitch invasion and all.

I don’t think 100 stewards are stopping 20000 fans running on the pitch.

However, I think Everton should have anticipated this (win or lose) and should have, along with the refs, instructed Palace to leave via the tunnel. A basic risk assessment would have picked this up.

But he simply can’t react like that

Status
Not open for further replies.