Park End vs Lower Gwladys 'beef'??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind our younger scally North Face fans that follow us in the Street End, or wherever in the ground for that matter. We're an inner city club from a working class city.

I think it sets us apart from that shower across park that all the lads I see down County Road on a non match day, I see them there again in the Gwladys Street on the Saturday. It shows we're still a club in the heart of the community.
We are a Premier League Club that makes its real money from international televised broadcast. Also we hope the 'fanbase' will expand to include more foreign nationals who buy the club merchandise. That is how we will keep our status.
Support is welcome from anywhere to the exclusion of nobody. How do you define working class nowadays anyway?

Used to be a Park ender, but since I got a season ticket a couple of years ago, now in the Main Stand - lording it over the scals in the GS:

9a71614fcab85aa34ddeb1ff3652fe088698556b.gif

May I be so bold as to say you are both wrong. I sit in the top balcony as this has two advantages 1. A very good view 2. I am closer to God.

James 4:8
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Best running gag on this site by miles, this.

We are a Premier League Club that makes its real money from international televised broadcast. Also we hope the 'fanbase' will expand to include more foreign nationals who buy the club merchandise. That is how we will keep our status.
Support is welcome from anywhere to the exclusion of nobody. How do you define working class nowadays anyway?

I know lads, and I'm not excluded from all the following myself, that have sold their teles to get the match, eating left overs from their kids plate because they're saving to get to the match, wearing clothes with holes in to work because the match is before payday and you can't do both and then getting kicked out the match anyway for standing and singing. Can't afford the prices of drink so you sneak the bottles from the offy. Prices in town for a round costing a days net pay, cereal for tea, bunking on the trains because you can't work, match and travel. Walking stupid distances to save bus fare or taxi fare. Working class these days is working, mortgage or private rent, kids, and constant sacrifice to find a way of going the match and getting a drink.

Your post about exclusion of others at the match the post you copied was a reply to someone elses comment, I can't remember it off hand but I do not think that exclusion of fans was part of the discussion? It was a post sticking up for the many local fans who you see locally then in the Gwladys Street on the Saturday. I agree that you need fans from everywhere including outside Merseyside afterall how else would we fill the Park End?

Someone mentioned "Old Gwladys boys" in other thread? Can someone enlighten me on this matter? Were these our firm like?
Our main end was always the Gwladys Street. You'd have the Street End Skins, or the Street End Bootboys. Not a firm as you think of today, but you'd have a couple of thousand skinheads going in the North Bank taking their end, singing non stop in there famously in69, took the stretford end in66, that went on to the mid 70s when segregation improved. Park End had a great era of around 5 years at the end of the 70s, so we had 2 great vibrant areas. The wall went in in 80 I reckon it lost a bit then, I think around 83 the Park End went exclusively to away fans so the left over Park Enders went the Enclosure. The Enclosure went to the family enclosure abound 87 so they went the Paddock. The St End has been a constant for years where as the Park End had a limited life span but two great areas in their heyday, you can throw in the Boys Pen there too.

I know lads, and I'm not excluded from all the following myself, that have sold their teles to get the match, eating left overs from their kids plate because they're saving to get to the match, wearing clothes with holes in to work because the match is before payday and you can't do both and then getting kicked out the match anyway for standing and singing. Can't afford the prices of drink so you sneak the bottles from the offy. Prices in town for a round costing a days net pay, cereal for tea, bunking on the trains because you can't work, match and travel. Walking stupid distances to save bus fare or taxi fare. Working class these days is working, mortgage or private rent, kids, and constant sacrifice to find a way of going the match and getting a drink.

Your post about exclusion of others at the match the post you copied was a reply to someone elses comment, I can't remember it off hand but I do not think that exclusion of fans was part of the discussion? It was a post sticking up for the many local fans who you see locally then in the Gwladys Street on the Saturday. I agree that you need fans from everywhere including outside Merseyside afterall how else would we fill the Park End?
And considering all the TV money, the fact that people find it hard to afford is a disgrace. It should be cheaper now than ever at the gate. Gate money is less important to clubs.
The game has been stolen from a lot of people financially and that is inexcusable.

The game has been stolen from a lot of people financially and that is inexcusable.
I agree, I'm lucky because my kids don't want to go to games, but I feel for the parents who have 2 or 3 kids with them, must cost an absolute fortune, that's without their food and drink.

park end are normally Bill kenwright happy clappers/ wools swerve sitting there you seen their true colour;s when we did ' martinez out protests'

park end are normally Bill kenwright happy clappers/ wools swerve sitting there you seen their true colour;s when we did ' martinez out protests'
As far as I can see the ground is full of Everton supporters, whilst they may be different in many ways; they all have very good taste in football, so alright by me. Sort of, even ones from Warringt...no I can't find the courage to finish the word. Maybe not them after all.

Our main end was always the Gwladys Street. You'd have the Street End Skins, or the Street End Bootboys. Not a firm as you think of today, but you'd have a couple of thousand skinheads going in the North Bank taking their end, singing non stop in there famously in69, took the stretford end in66, that went on to the mid 70s when segregation improved. Park End had a great era of around 5 years at the end of the 70s, so we had 2 great vibrant areas. The wall went in in 80 I reckon it lost a bit then, I think around 83 the Park End went exclusively to away fans so the left over Park Enders went the Enclosure. The Enclosure went to the family enclosure abound 87 so they went the Paddock. The St End has been a constant for years where as the Park End had a limited life span but two great areas in their heyday, you can throw in the Boys Pen there too.

Did we ever take the Shed (heard 1970) or stands at places like Upton Park? And did anyone successfully take the Gwladys?

Sorry if its been spoken about before, but can anyone tell me why they put the wall in the park end in 80. Would have been a great little stand prior

I can only see the rift widening now that the Park End are getting two towers and the Street End none
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.