Our Squad Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im fine mate, just a bit bored with people making threads assuming who will be sold and selling our better players.

Just play FM or FIFA mate, its more fun.

Threads like this are pointless till we know who our manager will be.

If its Martinez, Kones going nowhere.
If its Jose, Lukakus going nowhere.

Cant pal, laptop is bust at the moment otherwise i would be Cherno Samba'ing it up right now! Goddam PC World

Sick of all the McCarthy bashing. Not every player is going to be amazing on the ball. He's an energetic defensive mid who's job is to break up the play. Remember Makelele at Chelsea. He could hardly take a penalty never mind pass a ball.

The defensive problems this season have affected his form as well as being expected to be Barrys legs.

Agree completely with that last bit pal. He is doing 2 person's running sometimes so Barry can proserve his energy for specific times. Barry 2 years ago did not have to do that hence a better McCarthy

19 players have played 8 or more league games this season. Out of them, Howard is leaving.
7 players played 4 or less games. Out of these Naismith was sold and Osman, Hibbert, Pienaar and Gibson could all be gone.

Leaving potentially 20 players for next season. (excluding loaned players and youth )

19 players have played 8 or more league games this season. Out of them, Howard is leaving.
7 players played 4 or less games. Out of these Naismith was sold and Osman, Hibbert, Pienaar and Gibson could all be gone.

Leaving potentially 20 players for next season. (excluding loaned players and youth )

So basicly we have had had about 10 players sitting around not doing much all season then, i think that is part of our fitness problem, you keep the squad smaller its easier to keep track of there fitness etc and as a player in a small squad you are always involved and feel you have to keep your fitness up as you may be required anytime

I fyou look at Pienaar, Rodrigues, Osman, Gibson what is the point in working your nuts off in training and staying as fit as possible when you will not be getting a game at all?

So basicly we have had had about 10 players sitting around not doing much all season then, i think that is part of our fitness problem, you keep the squad smaller its easier to keep track of there fitness etc and as a player in a small squad you are always involved and feel you have to keep your fitness up as you may be required anytime

I fyou look at Pienaar, Rodrigues, Osman, Gibson what is the point in working your nuts off in training and staying as fit as possible when you will not be getting a game at all?

Besic and mirrallas underused also.

Fitness plays a big part as we made subs too late or not at all. And you only need to look at the amount of goalswe conceded in last 10 mins of each half.

On paper,the first choice starting 11 didn't look too bad this season.

But a couple of injuries in you realised how poor the squad was.

Kone, Osman, Hibbert, McGeedy and Gibson would struggle to hold a place down in the Championship.

The defence has been obviously lacking strength in depth all season,and what's the point of including kids in the squad if you have no intent on ever using them?

He's the Swiss young player of the year isnt he?

he is, but has been poor since their season restarted. hopefully that is just due to the move. the standard of the swiss league is pretty gash too. def dont think hes capable of an impact at PL yet but happy to be proved wrong.

23 players seems plenty really, given that there will be kids ready to step in if necessary. I'd trim our squad down to this and then replace as necessary, we're shopping in an entirely different market now.

Gk - Joel
Gk - new keeper

Rb - Coleman
Rb - competition for Coleman

CB - Jagielka
CB - Stones
CB - Funes Mori
CB - new CB

Lb - Baines
Lb - Garbutt

Rm - Deulofeu
Rm - Lennon

Cm - Barry
Cm - Besic
Cm - McCarthy (benefit of doubt he'll do well under a new manager)
Cm - new CM

AM - Barkley
AM - competition for Rosco

LM - 2 new left mids

CF - Lukaku
CF - Niasse (benefit of the doubt)
CF - competition for Lukaku

That's 23. If they're not on the list, I either don't think they're good enough, they're set to leave anyway, or I'm not arsed if they move on to pastures new.

That would also leave Pennington, Browning, Connolly, Davies, Ledson, Galloway, Tarashaj, Dowell and Henen to pad the squad out in times of need or if they prove themselves worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.