Our Next 5 Games: Make or Break for Koeman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
January is obviously crucial, the team is obviously not good enough, and obviously we do need lots of signings.

But there's 5 more games before that. Koeman has got to put January put of his head and start picking up points starting tomorrow.
Exactly, he cant go through the motions until he gets his players in, he needs to utilize what he has now before it gets toxic!

Everyone needs to relax, write this season off, he is giving the players that are here a chance and they are not interested.
We will be fine in the long run, Koeman is a top top manager.

Here is the problem I have with that scenario.

"writing the season off" halfway through December and being "relaxed" about a slump which has already been running for three months with no sign of ending and which if it continues will see us in a relegation fight is not in my DNA.

Sorry, but I am too emotionally invested in Everton FC and the monkey I pay for a season ticket so I can have a ringside seat to witness this dross was too hard earned to just shrug my shoulders and be as blasé as your good self :(

But you gave me a good lol referring to Ronald as a "top, top manager".

Two "tops" is quite an accolade ;)

Firstly, I don't see us in the bottom 3 or anywhere near there, secondly we're not a firing club and finally it's quite clear he's got a project with a delivery date of 3 years. I said two years might see him out if he's not progressed but that's the only circumstances I can see him leaving before 2019.
@The Esk , form over the last 10 league games has us in 19th position which to me is a great cause of concern. We may not end up in that position but something needs to be done quickly with the squad available now. I don't see that the upcoming transfer window will see much improvement, which top class players would join a team on the slide?

@The Esk , form over the last 10 league games has us in 19th position which to me is a great cause of concern. We may not end up in that position but something needs to be done quickly with the squad available now. I don't see that the upcoming transfer window will see much improvement, which top class players would join a team on the slide?

From what I hear Walsh has a number of targets lined up, he's had two priorities since the end of the summer window, improve his scouting team which he has made a very good start to, and prepare for up-coming windows.

Although January is difficult I'm expecting 4 or 5 incoming with a similar number departing.

Koeman was probably quite relieved in his two years at Southampton in that the best players, those with the bigger egos, were sold on over the two pre-seasons. He was left with a squad of yes-men, who were anxious, and needing, to prove their qualities. At Goodison the picture is somewhat different with some massive egos (eg Lukaku, Deulofeu and Mirallas) and a good number who don't feel much of a need to prove themselves and who can just as easily move on to another club (eg Cleverley and Lennon). He's going to have a job motivating these types. The modern day reality is that the key players at all clubs are just as likely to get rid of their managers than the managers get rid of them. In Koeman's case he might find also that through his public criticisms of individual performances he is alienating those players who past managers have found useful to keep on their side (eg Jagielka).

Give the bloke some time ffs.

We're 9th not 19th, some of you lot would have needed therapy if you lived through the early 90's.

We are 7 points from being in the relegation battle, that's 2 losses and 1 draw, not inconceivable given our next few matches. I lived through the 90's and therapy hasn't helped. I cheat at Football Manager as I have enough disappointment in real life being an Everton supporter lolo_O:Blink::confused:

The guy hasn't done the best but we are improved on last year (slightly) no one wanted to come to us in the summer so what is everyone expecting. hes a good manager, we are playing badly at the minute. I don't know what people are expecting out of our club but ive spoken to people saying champs league minimum. these people are delusional, lets improve on last year and kick on next. top 7 is the target this year.

From what I hear Walsh has a number of targets lined up, he's had two priorities since the end of the summer window, improve his scouting team which he has made a very good start to, and prepare for up-coming windows.

Although January is difficult I'm expecting 4 or 5 incoming with a similar number departing.
Hope you're right , but seems rather over optimistic to me. Will wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.