Our Net Spend Over the Last Five Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we may be underperforming from a wages point of view, but from a player investment point of view we lay in 18th place after five years (half a decade).

Even if you take the wage bill into account, it’s hardly mega spending from a Premier League point of view is it, which is why the continued ‘wasteful Everton’ narrative wrecks my head.

If you stop investing in players in the Premier League, then you eventually end up going down. Happened to Villa, happened to Sunderland, and even happened to Leicester after only a slight reduction in spending. It will happen to us soon imo.
If we were to take an aggregate of the two (wages and fees) we should be looking at about 15th. I know it's not scientific but we probably are around about where you would expect. Couple that with Pinky and the Brain running the club, Gonzo as DoF, and sinosauropteryx as our manager and 17th - 19th looks like a reasonable expected range for finishing spots.

Its wasteful cos what a Net spend doesnt reflect is that we sold Richarlison, Kean, Digne and Gordon for a combined 180million.

Its wasteful cos we spent 60m on Doucs, Allan and Gomes, all 3 will leave the club for nothing.

I think income from player sales is factored in.

60 million pounds worth of expenditure from over three years ago is sod all in the Premier League.

That’s my main point here, so Everton spent a bit of cash ages ago, but it was nothing in Premier League terms, to the point that we have spent the 3rd least amount over the last half a decade.

Everton have a had a relegation budget for the past five years!

I think income from player sales is factored in.

60 million pounds worth of expenditure from over three years ago is sod all in the Premier League.

That’s my main point here, so Everton spent a bit of cash ages ago, but it was nothing in Premier League terms, to the point that we have spent the 3rd least amount over the last half a decade.

Everton have a had a relegation budget for the past five years!
Mate we sold Richarlison, Kean and Gordon within the last 14months.

Thats 120million.

Small fry for this league yes, but we have wasted vast sums of money, not just on players, but on wages.

We are currently paying Gomes, Dele and Gmbamin a combined 260 thousand pounds a week to play Fifa at home.

doucoure
Iwobi
Gomes
Ali
Keane
Gbamin
Holgate
Maupay

Just on these players we’re spending near 40 million a year on wages. We also spent about 130 odd million to buy them and more than likely we’ll receive zero when they leave on free transfers. Add all wages over their contracts as well as transfer fees and it’s 300 million plus invested into them.

Sickening how badly we’ve been ran, if it wasn’t for the fans the last couple years we’d have 100% been relegated. Ironic as it’s probably the only thing that gets rid of the two idiots in charge of the club.

doucoure
Iwobi
Gomes
Ali
Keane
Gbamin
Holgate
Maupay

Just on these players we’re spending near 40 million a year on wages. We also spent about 130 odd million to buy them and more than likely we’ll receive zero when they leave on free transfers. Add all wages over their contracts as well as transfer fees and it’s 300 million plus invested into them.

Sickening how badly we’ve been ran, if it wasn’t for the fans the last couple years we’d have 100% been relegated. Ironic as it’s probably the only thing that gets rid of the two idiots in charge of the club.
My figures might be off.

But I think I worked out that when we bought Tosun and Walcott, when you factor in wages, those 2 players cost us 100m in their time at the club.

My figures might be off.

But I think I worked out that when we bought Tosun and Walcott, when you factor in wages, those 2 players cost us 100m in their time at the club.
Pretty sure I seen somewhere a while back tosun with wages and transfer fee came in at 45 mill odd and Walcott around 50 so wouldn’t be far off.

I’m usually quite positive but know full well if I go look at the garbage players we’ve bought and spent wages on since the idiots owned the club then compare how little they’ve helped us I’ll end up in a mood so going back to doing some work instead.

That's not something to boast about. The club has sold almost everyone worth selling to make up for the mis-steps done earlier by the same regime.
How do you read the OP and get that he was boasting? lol He literally talks about relegation and how badly run we are. I don't think anyone is boasting

How do you read the OP and get that he was boasting? lol He literally talks about relegation and how badly run we are. I don't think anyone is boasting
The point is when the OP is saying there's cash to be spent. It's nothing to do with the stadium. Everton don't have cash to spend. Thats largely due to the previous transfer and wages decision. Having a big net spend now matters [Poor language removed] when the likes of Gylfii were there stealing a wage.

There's a tradeoff when you build a stadium expecting to stay midtable for a while. Building a stadium when fighting for relegation doesn't cut it.

I’m certainly not looking at it in a boastful way. I’m saying that it’s one of the real indicators as to why we are facing relegation in the face! And it’s a million miles away from the mega spending Everton nonsense that you still continue to hear. The figures are over a five year period!
This is the pertinent point. It really hacks me off when you hear people in the media spout out the lazy brainless focus on Everton spending over half a billion...how much did they recoup during that period?

What is the net spend over the past 5 years?

Brighton and Brentford are anomalies in terms of outperforming their modest net outlay compared with leagues finishing positions over the past few years based on the excellent scouting system and football model pursuant to their chairmans' background and expertise.

The reason Everton have been fighting relegation the past few years and possibly this season again is mainly due to the net outlay.

It's chicken feed compared with the vast majority of other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.