2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oumar coming for you FA, Oumar coming......

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-21_16-48-18.png
    upload_2017-11-21_16-48-18.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 29
Ha!

He obviously went over easily and dramatically. But there was contact. How can they prove he hasn't just got terrible balance?

There's been about 20 worse already this season, why choose now to suddenly do someone?

This Is just hideous from the fa. I'm sorry, but it was obstruction. Obviously he went down, but like you say, why have they chosen this one to single out? You see the same thing happen 5 times every single game. Is it just because this won a pen?

It was a dive, if that pen was given against us we’d all be raging. What Is hard to take though is the injustice of it, it goes on every week. Why pick this one? It’s not the worse one we’ve seen. If they really want to crack down, does it matter where the dive took place and the consequences? We see it everywhere on the pitch, players going down to get the oppo a card. What about players feigning injury? Holding their faces when there’s has been absolutely, blatantly no contact for example, trying to get someone sent off, things like this are much easier to prove and retrospectively take action. But we never see action taken. If they really want to crack down on cheats, do it, but don’t be so selective.

Do you know why I think they've picked on Niasse's one (whether it was a dive or not) because all the other incidents were a case of X player dived, pundits say X player dived, nothing done, incident is immediately forgotten about. Niasse does it, it's like a witch hunt, everyone coming out and continuously having a pop at him day after day, the FA say to themselves "We've got to look like we're cracking down on this"

Last edited:
Anthony Taylor was 10 yards away when the incident happened. If Niasse is done for 'successful deception of a match official' then Taylor should never referee again, never mind on the international scene. It wasn't so long ago that Murphy, who sits on the panel claimed a player 'has the right to go down in the area if there is contact'. Shearer wouldn't say 'it should be looked at, but wont' if it was an England player in the world cup finals or a player from an English team in the Champions League. He would be chuffed that 'deception' helped England or an English team.

If Hodgson was behind it he better hope that Zaha stays on his feet for the rest of the season, never mind Cabaye.

The pressure has been building for a premier league player to be put on an FA deception charge and it is not surprising that it was not a player from Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Manu, City or lfc, as they are protected.

Dermot Gallagher has done his usual self and said 'from Taylor's angle he could see why he gave it for a 'trip''. Unbelievable. Dann's foot doesn't go out it was given for a push with the arm. If Taylor saw a 'trip' from Dann he must be hallucinating.

Last edited:
Do you know why I think they've picked on Niasse's one (even if it was a dive) because all the other incidents were a case of X player dived, pundits say X player dived, nothing done, all forgotten about. Niasse does it, it's like a witch hunt, everyone coming out and continuously having a pop at him day after day.

If it was Rooney, Kane, Alli or any other English player, I’m absolutely certain we wouldn’t be talking about this now. Or if it were a Utd, Citeh or RS player

It was a dive, if that pen was given against us we’d all be raging. What Is hard to take though is the injustice of it, it goes on every week. Why pick this one? It’s not the worse one we’ve seen. If they really want to crack down, does it matter where the dive took place and the consequences? We see it everywhere on the pitch, players going down to get the oppo a card. What about players feigning injury? Holding their faces when there’s has been absolutely, blatantly no contact for example, trying to get someone sent off, things like this are much easier to prove and retrospectively take action. But we never see action taken. If they really want to crack down on cheats, do it, but don’t be so selective.

Totally agree with this, and I wish they would crack down on diving all over the pitch.

What I don't understand on Niasse though (and fair enough I think most agree it was a dive) but if Taylor sees it that way, it is a yellow card, but because he doesn't, it becomes a ban?? I don't understand that logic at all, the action of the player is exactly the same, it is the same "crime" so how can the punishment be different? He shouldn't be punished more because of the competence or lack thereof of the ref.. I mean if someone steals a car and gets caught in the act, they should have less punishment then if they get caught the next day??

If the same incident was against us I would have to shrug and say, soft penalty but that's football today. If they were going to go down this road they should have started with the first game of the season for every club, and punished every player the "panel" considered had "deceived the referee".
The club is appealing, well they have to, but I doubt the decision will be reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.