2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
people who keep saying "there was contact " aren't getting the point, just because there was contact doesn't mean its an excuse to go down, im glad they are cracking down on it, absolutely hate seeing it ( only of course if they start doing it to others as well ) If I poked you in the arm and you went down on the floor would it not be dramatic because I physically touched you?

The panel haven't reviewed it yet I don't think mate, the FA have charged Niasse, he has until 6 o'clock tonight to appeal their decision, after that the 3 man panel will look at it.

No. They have looked at it. The FA only issue a charge if the panel agree unanimously.
-------
An FA statement read: "Incidents which suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation are referred to a panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

"Each panel member will be asked to review all available video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it was an offence of 'Successful Deception of a Match Official'.

"Only in circumstances where the panel are unanimous would the FA issue a charge."

No. They have looked at it. The FA only issue a charge if the panel agree unanimously.
-------
An FA statement read: "Incidents which suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation are referred to a panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player.

"Each panel member will be asked to review all available video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it was an offence of 'Successful Deception of a Match Official'.

"Only in circumstances where the panel are unanimous would the FA issue a charge."

So a 2 game ban it is then mate. I mentioned it earlier on, I wonder if we appealed it, the FA could look at it as a frivolous appeal like they do with sending's off etc, and add another game to the original 2 game ban.

people who keep saying "there was contact " aren't getting the point, just because there was contact doesn't mean its an excuse to go down, im glad they are cracking down on it, absolutely hate seeing it ( only of course if they start doing it to others as well ) If I poked you in the arm and you went down on the floor would it not be dramatic because I physically touched you?
I get the point. Nobody is saying exaggeration is okay. As someone said earlier, exaggeration and simulation are two different things entirely. Chances are that Dann knocked him off balance with his arm and Oumar made a meal of it... which happens very frequently yet no charges are filed. This case was cherry picked and it's pretty pathetic.

How can it be classed as a dive when there is contact no matter how slight.

T wo cryarsing kopites in Dann and Hodgson have done us here.
It's a dive b/c his reaction wasn't related to the contact. Falling related to the contact would have been more natural, a step off balance and then b/c he's Oumar falling to one side. Our sweet Oumar took advantage of an arm bar by reacting like someone sliced his Achilles.

I'm fine with the punishment. I want to see these theatrics removed from the game.

The point is that a dive is surely implying you have been fouled when you havent been touched in this case Dann raises his arm and impedes Oumar, it doesnt matter if he is brushing dandruff off his shoulder if he touches him it cant be a dive.

It's a dive b/c his reaction wasn't related to the contact. Falling related to the contact would have been more natural, a step off balance and then b/c he's Oumar falling to one side. Our sweet Oumar took advantage of an arm bar by reacting like someone sliced his Achilles.

I'm fine with the punishment. I want to see these theatrics removed from the game.

It's frankly shocking that he is getting charged for simulation...there is contact perhaps minimal but there is contact. Anywhere else on the pitch and more often than not it would be a free kick. I am sure there must have been other penalties this season where there was clearly simulation. And are they only looking at simulation in the penalty area??! So if I simulate a fault just outside the area in a great position for a free kick and score is that not the same thing?
Crazy...just introduce video referee asap.
In any case if he ends up been punished for 2 games then the bar has been set and even when there is contact you can get done for simulation.

Semantics here but isnt that just making the most of it and not diving

I get the point. Nobody is saying exaggeration is okay. As someone said earlier, exaggeration and simulation are two different things entirely. Chances are that Dann knocked him off balance with his arm and Oumar made a meal of it... which happens very frequently yet no charges are filed. This case was cherry picked and it's pretty pathetic.

agreed, like I said if they use this as a basis and then start to prosecute moving forward, im all for it, if niasse gets banned then others get away with it that's when it becomes a joke

The point is that a dive is surely implying you have been fouled when you havent been touched in this case Dann raises his arm and impedes Oumar, it doesnt matter if he is brushing dandruff off his shoulder if he touches him it cant be a dive.

again mate, he did touch him yes but not enough to make him go down, so niasse has felt it and then thought if I make a meal of this and dive to the floor I might get a pen ( he did fair enough ) but is that not cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.