Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club being in a mess as nothing to do with it whatsover; yes, confidence may affect your decision making and a stray pass may go a miss. But the lad misses all the basics of a footballer, awareness, touch, movement etc etc.

All the flops that have come to the PL, including people like Bily, still have the very basics that make a footballer; they can control a ball, they have awareness of what is around them, they can see space and know to run into. Niasse does not seem to have any of these, he's ran into people, hes ran ahead of a ball that was played to him.....its quite shocking.

Sorry Chris,it's dumb. it just is. he hasn't reached this level if he has been consistently showing throughout his career all the traits he is being damned for now. Add the mess at the club and awful form/lack of interest of some of those around him to the usual issues affecting debutants in this league and I would say it would be more rare that a new signing actually has the character to make their mark.Most players in this situation would start off poorly to varying degrees....Niasse obviously starting off worse than many.

I even remember judging Naismith after plenty of time here saying no way he is good enough, that I couldn't believe he had reached the Premier League. then, extremely belatedly he went on to show that he had way more to offer us than first thought. far from the best player we have ever had but left with a reputation light years away from the joke footballer he seemed at first. And he didn't join us with the manager, fans and players all at odds!

Sorry Chris,it's dumb. it just is. he hasn't reached this level if he has been consistently showing throughout his career all the traits he is being damned for now. Add the mess at the club and awful form/lack of interest of some of those around him to the usual issues affecting debutants in this league and I would say it would be more rare that a new signing actually has the character to make their mark.Most players in this situation would start off poorly to varying degrees....Niasse obviously starting off worse than many.

I even remember judging Naismith after plenty of time here saying no way he is good enough, that I couldn't believe he had reached the Premier League. then, extremely belatedly he went on to show that he had way more to offer us than first thought. far from the best player we have ever had but left with a reputation light years away from the joke footballer he seemed at first. And he didn't join us with the manager, fans and players all at odds!

lollollollol throughout his career??? What the 45 games he played in a poor league. As always your missing the obvious, any footballer as basic traits and this "mess" you're talking about is totally irrelevant. He'd still have the basics, like knowing what's around him.

And comparing to him Naismith, jesus. Naismith was a championship player, you could still see he was a footballer but just not at PL level

Utter nonsense

lollollollol throughout his career??? What the 45 games he played in a poor league. As always your missing the obvious, any footballer as basic traits and this "mess" you're talking about is totally irrelevant. He'd still have the basics, like knowing what's around him.

And comparing to him Naismith, jesus. Naismith was a championship player, you could still see he was a footballer but just not at PL level

You dont usually jump up from nowhere to the Russian league and then on to the Premier League, he has had his career at whatever level and has played and has trained all that time and been judged on that. If he didn´t have the basics, he wouldn´t make it that far. It´s ludicrous to say that because you have not seen him do the basics very well, or even to a woeful level, in the little time he has had that he doesn´t know how to do them at all.

It´s not that hard to understand.

I didn´t compare him to Naismith. I compared the situations, and they don´t have to match exactly. My point was Naismith went way longer without showing the level he could reach and for many was clearly not good enough, but with time showed that he did have another level in him.

It´s not as black and white as the fume merchants like to make it.

Patience is a virtue.

The bit I don't get is the £13m fee. He just looks absolutely nothing like that. Confidence can wax and wane, but you can usually tell by the way a player gets about whether they're the real deal. This guy looks like an utter donkey.

Naismith didn't cost £13m - different kettle of fish to Niasse

Niasse has something - needs to get his fitness and confidence up - perhaps with new manager and new signings in he will eventually settle

I just don't see any of the basics, his passes go astray, his control is awful, he overhits when running with the ball. Absolutely different to the fella on Youtube. I hope pre-season is the making of him, but i don't hold out much hope.

I just don't see any of the basics, his passes go astray, his control is awful, he overhits when running with the ball. Absolutely different to the fella on Youtube. I hope pre-season is the making of him, but i don't hold out much hope.
Wasnt the knock on Beckford the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.