Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is in a mess right now though Esk. Performance levels are very much tied to the psychology of the players and I can´t imagine he is exactly enjoying his move so far.

The toxic fans that @orly mentions don´t really help either ;)

The club being in a mess as nothing to do with it whatsover; yes, confidence may affect your decision making and a stray pass may go a miss. But the lad misses all the basics of a footballer, awareness, touch, movement etc etc.

All the flops that have come to the PL, including people like Bily, still have the very basics that make a footballer; they can control a ball, they have awareness of what is around them, they can see space and know to run into. Niasse does not seem to have any of these, he's ran into people, hes ran ahead of a ball that was played to him.....its quite shocking.

Charlie Austin would have been cheaper and would have looked better fro the treatment table than this lad. I defended the fact he hadn't started but my god after watching last 2 games he wouldn't get a game for my sat league team and we are all over 35 :)

I wonder what this thread would be like if his shot at weekend had cleared Schmeichels head and had nestled in the back of the net.

I can see that this lad isn't quite the great striker we were hoping for, but I've got to question some of the things coming out on social media with our fans, there just doesn't seem to be any consistency. The latest one is that Martinez bought him on a 'hunch', even so far as to say he bought him off a Youtube video without any solid performance details on him........

On the same threads people end up calling for Kenwright to leave his post because he wont spend any money etc etc. If this whole purchase was bought on a 'hunch' I very much doubt that Kenwright would have released a large chunk of our well documented limited funds, it just doesn't seem to add up.

My take on this is that, it is incredibly likely that the lad has been extensively scouted, many, many reports have been written on him and there was a belief within the system that he would suit our game and team. IF that is not the case, and he doesn't show a marked improvement, then as with any poor decision in business, it will be reviewed and analysed to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I just get really frustrated with the apparent competition that happens amongst Evertonians on some social media, The 'I reckon hes worse than you do' posts. Just doesn't sit right with me.

And for that reason, I really hope the lad comes good, though I'm unsure that he ever will.

The club being in a mess as nothing to do with it whatsover; yes, confidence may affect your decision making and a stray pass may go a miss. But the lad misses all the basics of a footballer, awareness, touch, movement etc etc.

All the flops that have come to the PL, including people like Bily, still have the very basics that make a footballer; they can control a ball, they have awareness of what is around them, they can see space and know to run into. Niasse does not seem to have any of these, he's ran into people, hes ran ahead of a ball that was played to him.....its quite shocking.

Apparently mate a full pre season and match sharpness will make him magically grow some footballing technique. He's 26 as well, which people often forget. He's not a kid with loads to learn, he's at/approaching his peak

People shouldn't write him off. Mourinho was watching him. If Mourinho takes over, people, including Niasse, might gain the belief and desire required!

Status
Not open for further replies.