Originally Kitbag, now Fanatics deal extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitbag (fanatics) deal has been extended, no details on the financials shared or length of deal. but it was a terrible deal so by extending it I think this is bad news

Discuss

Unbelievable.

How will we ever realise any commercial potential we have if we stick with a crummy mail order company.

Meanwhile try looking in sports shops as far apart as Charlotte N.C, Belfast, Glasgow, Berlin or Washington D.C. for an Everton shirt (as I have) and you are out of luck.......but you can buy kits for the “major” English clubs.

The club let the cat out of the bag a couple of years back in relation to all this outsourcing: they are made up to not suffer a loss on merchandise...ANYTHING above that is considered 'a fantastic long term deal' yada yada yada.

That Kitbag deal of £3M p.a. will be no more than another couple of million p.a (if that).

These people are complete amateurs. Everton is a owned by a man who lives abroad and the people he hires like Baxendale and Harris and Kenyon etc are third class at the jobs they're supposed to do.

Correct.

Unbelievable.

How will we ever realise any commercial potential we have if we stick with a crummy mail order company.

Meanwhile try looking in sports shops as far apart as Charlotte N.C, Belfast, Glasgow, Berlin or Washington D.C. for an Everton shirt (as I have) and you are out of luck.......but you can buy kits for the “major” English clubs.

First of all, this isn't the Kitbag deal.

Second of all, can you get an England kit at those stores? Can you find an NFL licensed product?

Third of all, my recommendation to you and others on the board is to take about 5 minutes are read about similar deals Fanatics is making with the FA, Oregon, etc. so you have an idea what Fanatics will do vs. what Umbro will do.

The club let the cat out of the bag a couple of years back in relation to all this outsourcing: they are made up to not suffer a loss on merchandise...ANYTHING above that is considered 'a fantastic long term deal' yada yada yada.

That Kitbag deal of £3M p.a. will be no more than another couple of million p.a (if that).

These people are complete amateurs. Everton is a owned by a man who lives abroad and the people he hires like Baxendale and Harris and Kenyon etc are third class at the jobs they're supposed to do.
Didn't they increase commercial revenue by 45% this past year?

Didn't they increase commercial revenue by 45% this past year?
The two years preceding his arrival the club had grown that source of revenue by 25%. The point is that it's easy to make % increases of that magnitude in a short period because the base numbers the extra cash builds upon are so low in the first place. Just the general rate of increase in sponsorship for the industry alone ensures these rises...rises all club's enjoy (its a tide that raises all boats).

As said: no significant movement in commercial revenue.

Oh, and your failure to mention the other two issues is noted.

First of all, this isn't the Kitbag deal.

Second of all, can you get an England kit at those stores? Can you find an NFL licensed product?

Third of all, my recommendation to you and others on the board is to take about 5 minutes are read about similar deals Fanatics is making with the FA, Oregon, etc. so you have an idea what Fanatics will do vs. what Umbro will do.

First of all......it is a Rose by any other name.

Second of all....I have never looked for either an England or NFL shirt so I wouldn’t know if they were on sale or not.

Nor would I care.

Third of all....Life is too short to go looking at the difference between the practices of Kitbag/Fanatic/Rose compared to Umbro.

And fourth of all......Until I see Everton merchadise in the same Boston sports store as I see Chelsea, Arsenal and RS stuff then I will continue to regard our “merchandising partner” as a second rate outfit.

But thank you for you recommendation :)

Second of all....I have never looked for either an England or NFL shirt so I wouldn’t know if they were on sale or not.

Nor would I care.

Third of all....Life is too short to go looking at the difference between the practices of Kitbag/Fanatic/Rose compared to Umbro.

And fourth of all......Until I see Everton merchadise in the same Boston sports store as I see Chelsea, Arsenal and RS stuff then I will continue to regard our “merchandising partner” as a second rate outfit.

Move from Lincolnshire mate.

Nor would I care.

You do know Kitbag and Fanatics were different companies, right? They weren't and aren't remotely the same thing. Fanatics raised like $1B in it's last funding round, it bought kitbag, which was just a silly online retailer for like $17M. That's considerably less than the deal they signed with the University of Oregon. Fanatics paid like $225M for Majestic (LSG) for heavens sake, kitbag was a tiny little acquisition, just to get in the doors with Man U, Real, etc. Fanatics are massive and rapidly expanding - they have a 10 year deal with the NFL. MLB. The FA.

My guess is that you'll see similar new deals with Real Madrid / Man U / Man City, similar to the Everton arrangement.

It's a fairly new arrangement, but I'm not sure how anyone could argue that Everton gear, outside of the Umbro stuff - which Fanatics will have little to do with - will be MUCH better. Whoever produced the non-kit/official stuff did virtually nothing in the way of outside licensing in any way, shape, or form. It's been a complete joke. They've also set up arrangements already with Mike, Adidas, UA, so they'll work with anyone - so Umbro has no bearing on this deal at all.

Not really any scope to be happy or angry with this given the lack of details revealed.

Please don't let that stop you from bashing Moshiri, complaining that a fan-channel aren't interviewing like Paxman and revising history concerning Kenwright though.

Status
Not open for further replies.