Online football PPV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pay to watch only Everton games and only if my cash went to everton (and whoever we're playing) and no other club.
That would be a terrible arrangement for Everton, unfortunately.

What you’re talking about would lead to the most popular clubs getting the most money. Our TV revenue would be dwarfed by the likes of Manchester United and you-know-who.

Having got rid of sky sports last year, I'd be more than happy to watch the mighty blues on a pay per view basis. Not arsed about anyone else.
Same. I binned off Sky Sports a long time ago, because I only ever watched Blues' games. Now I usually just buy a day pass in the unlikely event that our game is on Sky - don't mind paying £9/10 a few times a season, and my son usually also watches any other game they're showing on the same day.

The system you are talking about didn’t work in Spain.
Spanish clubs used to negotiate independently and Real Madrid and Barcelona didn’t get close to the money the bottom club in the premier league was getting.
I believe they have moved to a Premier league arrangement to try to close the gap.

Got a lifetime sports sub 5 years ago on black friday so dont pay a thing .
This will be the way in the next few years n proper order

That would be a terrible arrangement for Everton, unfortunately.

What you’re talking about would lead to the most popular clubs getting the most money. Our TV revenue would be dwarfed by the likes of Manchester United and you-know-who.
But currently fans of 92 clubs all pay and watch but the lions share of the cash goes to the top 6 anyhow.

But currently fans of 92 clubs all pay and watch but the lions share of the cash goes to the top 6 anyhow.
Not really:

We got 85% of the TV money City received last season as champions.

The distribution of cash is much more in our favour with the current setup than it would be if we were paid purely on the basis of audience share.

As far as the premier league is concerned (of course things are worse for EFL clubs), TV money is pretty fairly distributed.

Same. I binned off Sky Sports a long time ago, because I only ever watched Blues' games. Now I usually just buy a day pass in the unlikely event that our game is on Sky - don't mind paying £9/10 a few times a season, and my son usually also watches any other game they're showing on the same day.

I've got a similar set-up although I do have to leave the house.

The perk is that my "Day-Pass" gets me not only football but also beer. There is the risk that the price of the "Day-Pass" mounts and mounts and eventually morphs into an "Evening / Night - Pass" but for this extra subscription there's quite often the bonus of a kebab thrown in.

I'd like them to put Liverpool's on Prime...quarantine them in there, and another reason to get shut of that 'kin thing.

Not really:

View attachment 78714

We got 85% of the TV money City received last season as champions.

The distribution of cash is much more in our favour with the current setup than it would be if we were paid purely on the basis of audience share.

As far as the premier league is concerned (of course things are worse for EFL clubs), TV money is pretty fairly distributed.
Ok fair enough I'll agree.

Footie on telly is always ruined by blabbering pundits and modern commentators though. If it were on tv I would pay just to hear the crowd noise and someone to call out names - or even mike the ref.

Ok fair enough I'll agree.

Footie on telly is always ruined by blabbering pundits and modern commentators though. If it were on tv I would pay just to hear the crowd noise and someone to call out names - or even mike the ref.
I don’t disagree with your initial sentiment. I really like the principle. I’d gladly pay Everton for a TV season ticket - but it’d tip the balance more towards the clubs with global appeal.

It’s not just about making things harder for Everton, either. I think it’d totally destroy the competitiveness of the Premier League. Which in turn would ruin the TV product.

Not that the mega clubs would care if that happened. That would give them just the excuse they need to jump ship to a European super league.

However, I do think a unified Premier League streaming service is an inevitability. Why wouldn’t they want to cut out the broadcast middleman?

The Premier League already produce a pretty decent and comprehensive TV package, which lots of countries now carry in place of their own studio, presenters and commentary.

It’s just the distribution infrastructure that they need now.

That’s not an insignificant technical obstacle, but it is certainly achievable, and I’d be amazed if it didn’t happen this decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.