Oldham V Everton FA Cup 1990 - Where you there ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was 3 - my dad's remembers it well. he said we drew 1-1 twice and then in the second replay, we lost 2-1 to goals from andy ritchie and ian marshall. some fella named graeme sharp scored for us. boundary park was a plastic pitch in those far off days!

The first game of that 3-match series we were robbed because Southall was penalised when their striker fell over him. But in the replay at Goodison we tried to bully them instead of playing our football, the only highlight being a brilliant Sheedy free kick. In the 2nd replay (at Boundary Park) we looked good until Neil McDonald decided to have an absolute shocker....

Lads, if you havent clicked the link in my original post, you may find some of the 'where are they now stuff' quite interesting..

I was just watching the Liverpool / Oldham game with the in-laws and I started talking about my experience of Oldham away.

I had the best pie, I have ever tasted at Boundary Park !
I remember this game vividly.

I found this on the BBC website about it and it bought even more memories flooding back !

Anyone else at the game ??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7150548.stm

On 10 March 1990

Beats International featuring Lindy Layton were number one with 'Dub Be Good To Me'

Observer journalist Farzad Bazoft is sentenced to death in Iraq after being convicted of spying charges

Julia Roberts in 'Pretty Woman' and Johnny Depp in 'Edward Scissorhands' are creating a stir at UK cinemas

Haitian President Prosper Avril was ousted 18 months after seizing power in a coup

Went to the first game were we drew 2-2 then the 1st replay at goodison 1-1 but could'nt get ticket for the second replay and was fuming could'nt go but when we got beat thought thank **** did'nt waste me money

i was 3 - my dad's remembers it well. he said we drew 1-1 twice and then in the second replay, we lost 2-1 to goals from andy ritchie and ian marshall. some fella named graeme sharp scored for us. boundary park was a plastic pitch in those far off days!

It was 2-2 first game we were 2-0 up aswell thought we were going to p*** it then we fell apart second game was 1-1 we scored in the last minute to take it to another replay which we lost 2-1

Yep,was at all three,thought there was going to be a riot at Goodison,Tony Ward the ref,lost the plot,can't recall what went on but I think it involved Big Norm and him getting sent off!!We made a right pigs ear of both the Boundary Park games,all I can remember is Ian Marshall and Rick Holden running riot,spotty Mac having a mare at right back,and freezing my nads off on that open terrace,oh and that one chant,"Come on Oldham"!!!

The replay at home was one of the most toxic atmospheres I can remember - Ian Marshall was playing for them I think, and scored - Sheeds equalised; we should have won in the first game. The place is a sodding dump though

Went to this,one of the worst grounds ive ever been too.Seem to remember going through the turnstiles and then across a bit of a field or wasteland before we came to the actual terracing. We were bad that day and as somebody else mentioned Niel Macdonald had an absolute shocker.Remember being well pi*sed offon the coach home.

God, I remember the 1990 campaign. It was painful.

That was a tie we never should have lost - we were leading 2 nil up at HT in the first match, and let them back into it. Two replays later and we were history.

that was the leauge cup game won 2.0 think cottee scored

This May or May Not be The Fox

1 things for certain though, they both know their onions

Three words some up this 3 match tie,Tony Ward, London

The Youth Player Tony Ward ?
If so, he lives near me.

This was the first game I ever saw at Goodison. Sat in the main stand with family, seeing the grass under floodlights still a favourite memory of mine. 1-1, Whiteside sent off and the lino signalled for an Oldham pen that the ref didn't give. Didn't we lose the second replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.