Old School 1970's EFC player chants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its amazing. I grew up in the 70s, football wise, watching Bristol City. And these chants were the same there, with a few minor local differences!

We are the boys in the blue and white
We like to sing and we like to fight, so let’s sing na na na na na na na na
So let’s fight Na na na na na na na na
To “come on baby do you want to dance?”
Heard repeated sing instead of fight for the laugh.

“You’re going home in a St Johns Ambulance”, usually after we conceded a goal, or alternatively
“You’re gonna get your effin heads kicked in”

Back when the teams ran out separately,if the away side came towards the St End
“Get down the other end, get down the other end, get down the other end

Hello, hello, hello, hello
We are the Bingham boys
Hello, hello, hello, hello
We are the Bingham boys
And if you are a Liverpool fan
Surrender or you die
We will follow Bill Bingham

I remember a game in the 70s, can’t remember who, and we were singing “ you’re gonna get your Effin heads kicked in” Then we scored and all went mad celebrating and then sang again “you’re STILL gonna get your effin heads kicked in.

Bernie, Bernie and he is the biggest cart horse in the west . sung to that classic tune by benny hill Ernie. Love song to Bernie Wright.
just picked this up from walsall vs leeds : I remember a game, when I was standing at the Hilary ST. end when Colin took a free kick, he smashed the ball into the back of the net, and the referee slowly walked to the back of the goal and checked the net for damage absolutely wonderful. Whilst on, there have been one or two comments about Bernie Wright, I am not sure which season maybe 73/4?, but anyway we were playing Leeds in a pre-season friendly and near to where I was standing Bernie went into a 50/50 with Norman Hunter , Bernie ended up in a heap on the floor, he jumped and nose to nose with Hunter wagged a finger in Hunter’s face. A little later after half time they met together again, ‘hardman’ Hunter fell to the floor and was stretchered off muttering 'nutter ', priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.