Old Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bennett's probably not a utd fan were as Riley is. I fear for this match now cos this clown wont think twice about flashing red cards about.

Bennett has been dumb enough in the past to confirm that he is a Palace fan, and he never gets our games because of that.
My lad, the Evertonian, cannot speak a civil....or rational word about Rielly. For the reasons outlined on this thread, I tend to agree with him.

David Moyes has spoken about the appointment of FA Cup semi-final referee Mike Riley.

Riley, 44, will replace Steve Bennett as the official for Everton's clash with Manchester United on Sunday.

And Moyes was asked about the Yorkshire official in the press conference ahead of that game.

The Everton manager said: "A member of the press is asking me if Mike Riley is a Manchester United supporter - I think that is something you would need to bring up with the FA.

"It is something that one or two managers would have something to say about. It is the FA's appointment; I think it was (originally) supposed to be Steve Bennett.

"If you, from the press, are saying that Mike Riley is a Man United supporter, you would hope the FA would look at that."

Moyes said that, in general, he believes English referees are doing a good job. But he did question the influence of the so-called 'big four' clubs.

"I think the referees in this country are very honest," he said. "I think they try to get the decisions right.

"I think they can be influenced, I think that has been seen in a couple of games I've been involved in recently."

Thats your card marked Mike!

Davey Moyes media guru!;)

Last edited:
Limelight Riley will be gagging to card Fellaini. He'll have to be real careful on sunday. Nice moves by Moysey eh? ;)

Well said by Moyes. So Danny still think I am being a bit cynical, not at all old bean, just pragmatic.

United to win 2-0, both penalties.:eek:

Well said by Moyes. So Danny still think I am being a bit cynical, not at all old bean, just pragmatic.

United to win 2-0, both penalties.:eek:

Moyes is wise with what he said, as I said in the match thread.

But...

Does not surprise one bit. The powers that be want to ensure the upstarts that threaten the top four are not allowed to succeed.

That is a bit cynical, I don't think the FA would purposely change the ref just to plot our downfall ;) Though... you never know! - If theres any iffy business, i'll be the first to claim it lol

The FA has defended its decision to appoint Mike Riley to referee Sunday's FA Cup semi-final between Everton and Manchester United.
Everton manager David Moyes has questioned the choice of Riley to officiate the match after it was suggested he was a United supporter.

"All our referees are fair, unbiased and objective," said an FA spokesman.

"Mike Riley is one of our top officials and we are 100% confident he will do a good job on Sunday."

Riley was appointed to referee the match at Wembley after original choice Steve Bennett withdrew due to illness.
o.gif

But he has upset Moyes with a number of decisions during previous matches involving Everton - notably in 2003 when he awarded a controversial penalty to Manchester United in the final game of the season that cost Everton a place in the Uefa Cup.

*OPPs there goes another rubber tree plant! ;)

The FA has defended its decision to appoint Mike Riley to referee Sunday's FA Cup semi-final between Everton and Manchester United.
Everton manager David Moyes has questioned the choice of Riley to officiate the match after it was suggested he was a United supporter.

"All our referees are fair, unbiased and objective," said an FA spokesman.

"Mike Riley is one of our top officials and we are 100% confident he will do a good job on Sunday."

Riley was appointed to referee the match at Wembley after original choice Steve Bennett withdrew due to illness.
o.gif

But he has upset Moyes with a number of decisions during previous matches involving Everton - notably in 2003 when he awarded a controversial penalty to Manchester United in the final game of the season that cost Everton a place in the Uefa Cup.

*OPPs there goes another rubber tree plant! ;)
Was there really anything else they could've said?
Have said it before, but I'm very afraid of an Clattenberg-esque performance by Mike Riley on Sunday. Desperately hope I'll be proven wrong though.:dodgy:

Status
Not open for further replies.