Old Everton Pictures

26th December 1963. Everton reserve goalkeeper Andy Rankin catches the ball with Leicester City centre forward Howard Riley inches away, at Filbert Street. in a 2-0 defeat for the blues-
1589916385302.png

Spot on, another Cardinal Allen lad

After my time there. I was '62-'69.

CAGS was cross-country, rugby & cricket when I was there. I did cross-country for three years, then Pat Quinn pulled me into the rugby team, so I spent the last four years there playing scrum half, as well as opening bat for the cricket team of my year up to the First XI.

BUT, I played in the first ever CAGS football game. It was in the Spring of 1969 against Wade Deacon (Widnes). 1-1.

After my time there. I was '62-'69.

CAGS was cross-country, rugby & cricket when I was there. I did cross-country for three years, then Pat Quinn pulled me into the rugby team, so I spent the last four years there playing scrum half, as well as opening bat for the cricket team of my year up to the First XI.

BUT, I played in the first ever CAGS football game. It was in the Spring of 1969 against Wade Deacon (Widnes). 1-1.
In my time there it was rugby with Jake Hughes and Phil Mahon , the only footy was in the yard