Old Everton Pictures

image009.jpg

Last edited:
John Connolly before we signed him - just turning into a very good player untill his double leg break in the FA cup v Altrincham - always liked him when he settled in for us -
View attachment 87325
The fella who broke his leg was a player called John Davison, the Monday after the game at school assembly he was only introduced as our new sports teacher !! All the blues faces hit the floor and a few boos thrown in. True story,

4 and 5 goals he had come out and not collected the ball from a cross, had it then let it go, think in fairness to him on one of them he made a good second save before they scored.
Ref was rubbish that day as well, Duncan McKenzie had left Kenyon on the deck after a late challenge and then gave them a pen a few seconds later, made Clements retake a pen after Harvey said he wasnt ready as well.
Murder after the 4 goal in are end as well, about the only thing we won all day.
Got locked in the coach park for over a hour after the game as well.
Brand never played again, so sombody else but me must have thought he wasn't up to it.
Lawson was a big money buy, bit like a olden day Richard Wright , bloody awful as well.
I have a thing about Davies so refuse to see how he is better than anyone ever in between the sticks for us .

The fella who broke his leg was a player called John Davison, the Monday after the game at school assembly he was only introduced as our new sports teacher !! All the blues faces hit the floor and a few boos thrown in. True story,
I was In the paddock that day - the tackle was shocking - you heard his leg snap...'Gary Jones ran over , and nearly lampped him - I think he got booked disgraceful tackle ....
Right in front of us ...