Old Everton Pictures

Joe Royle, a great Everton number 9. He is pictured here at Harry Catterick's testimonial match in 1978. - my boyhood hero -

1686992024386.png

1686992889522.png

Everton right-back focus: Terry Darracott (1950-2022).
See here up against Alan Ball. A boyhood Red who became a fervent Blue. Made up for what he lacked in polish with commitment & desire. 179 Blues appearances before playing in USA & at Wrexham. Returned to EFC as a coach.

My father told me a story Everton where playing a match in the mid sixties not sure who they where playing
And a dog run on to the pitch and straight away all the everton fans in complete harmony
Began to chant yard dog yard dog yard dog Yeats

Robert ‘Bunny’ Bell. He scored 9 goals in a match for Tranmere Rovers and later served as a back-up to Dixie Dean and Tommy Lawton at Everton - bottom photo was Bunny signing for cover in 1936 he never reached Dixies heights, but did very well at Tranmere Rovers - he could not just get a break with the Blues .....A great Character & is in the Tranmere Rovers Hall of fame -

View attachment 214243
I like to look at players ,build and stature ,if you look at Dixie,his neck is nearly the touching his ears.His chest is enormous ,and he looks ready for business,when i played centre half i know which one i would like to mark.

He had a record of scoring on his debuts - we should never have exchanged him for a bum in Rod Bellfitt & cash to Ipswich a disastrous transfer - the Catt had lost the plot .....
Don't know how true but there were rumours around then that Johnson, Whittle and a couple of others were moved on allegedly for extra curricular activities!!!