Old Everton Pictures

The GV at the time the Blues most idolised star -

1676894656308.png

Got them all except Willie Haughey second on the left back row, Scotsman scheming inside left never played many games for the Blues but was here a few seasons, lovely ball player and dribbler but maybe too slow for the
English league. I don’t know where he went to after leaving Everton.
Forgot to mention that’s Jimmy Gauld between Jimmy O’Neill and Peter Farrell on the back row, he was the leading instigator of the players who were prosecuted for the betting scandal of the 1960’s when Tony Kay was banned for life.

I didn’t go to that game but went to the first leg of the Final at Goodison, we lost against a good Crystal Palace team who had Kenny Sansom and Vince Hilaire playing. I think , but can’t be sure, that Kevin Ratcliffe played in the final. I do remember Ross Jack as a big number 9 coming out holding a ball and a huge smile on his face. I kept tract of Ross Jack for a few years , lost him , then he turned up in the North East of Scotland managing a few teams currently managing Rothes FC in the Highland League .

I didn’t go to that game but went to the first leg of the Final at Goodison, we lost against a good Crystal Palace team who had Kenny Sansom and Vince Hilaire playing. I think , but can’t be sure, that Kevin Ratcliffe played in the final. I do remember Ross Jack as a big number 9 coming out holding a ball and a huge smile on his face. I kept tract of Ross Jack for a few years , lost him , then he turned up in the North East of Scotland managing a few teams currently managing Rothes FC in the Highland League .
Palace won the second leg 1-0 after drawing 0-0 at Everton in the first leg. The side did include Sansom and Hilaire as well as Peter Nicholas who went on to Arsenal,Gerry Murphy who played at Chelsea, and Terry Fenwick at Spurs. Every single Palace player in the team for the Second leg went on to make at least a few appearances for the first team. Doesn’t happen these days!

Yes Ross Jack, he had a100% goal scoring record for Everton’s first team played one scored one, I think it was against Middlesborough. Ray Minshull Everton’s youth development officer said when he looked out of his window, in his office at Bellefield, at the players training Ross Jack was the best player amongst them he just couldn’t produce that form in actual games.

1676910088207.png

1950 FA touring party to the USA, featuring Everton’s Eddie Wainwright plus Stanley Matthews. Wainwright’s hopes of a full cap were dashed by a nasty leg break in the following season

Yes Ross Jack, he had a100% goal scoring record for Everton’s first team played one scored one, I think it was against Middlesborough. Ray Minshull Everton’s youth development officer said when he looked out of his window, in his office at Bellefield, at the players training Ross Jack was the best player amongst them he just couldn’t produce that form in actual games.

06.03.79 Jack v 'Boro' (A) Ross Jack climbs above 'Boro's Jim Stewart to meet a cross from Dave Thomas and head Everton's first during a 2-1 victory

2487 06.03.79 Jack v 'Boro' (A) Ross Jack climbs above 'Boro's Jim Stewart to meet a cross fro...jpg