Old Everton Pictures

The starting XI from that famous win, Ireland captained by FWA Footballer of the Year and Johnny Carey to become our future Manager, Peter Farrell scored for Ireland on familiar territory -

1643021709854.png

1957 / 1958 season - Everton Squad Team Group Back row: Albert Dunlop and J O'Neill. Second Row: K. Rea, Mick Meagan, J. Tansey, T. Jones, Derek Temple. Third Row: W. Haughey, K. Birch, Peter Farrell, A. McNamara, J. Gauld. Front: D. Donovan, Dave Hickson, J. Harris, Bill Fielding, Brian Harris. -

1643021909767.png

A friend of mine's wife took this recently (recently suggested for him to be an Everton fan as he's moved to the Wirral. He foolishly took it on board and accepted. I have apologised profoundly a numbed of times since for the world of misery I have inflicted on him)

FB_IMG_1642696879396.jpg

not a bad Everton line up. Just out of curiosity. Who would have played at right back.that day. Seems to me we played 3 defenders. 3 midfielders( wish we would do that nowadays). And 4 attackers.
Was Telfer a right wing back?
Just lazy work by the Boro programme people. That would indeed have been a weird line up. Here is the actual team that played. They got revenge on us later on that season in the FA Cup (on and off the field)
20220124_161500.jpg