Old Everton Pictures

21st November 1964 Fred Pickering flicks home an Alex Scott cross for the first against Leicester in a 2-2 draw -

1618186234201.png

Also a ball more akin to a medicine ball too ;)

...good point, I played in a charity game with him once, he was retired and I was the youngster running around for the oldies. Some players hit a heavy ball (Harry Kane) but Temple ‘pinged’ it with sweet timing. He had a reputation in the game for hitting a great volley, it was a thrill to play alongside him.

...good point, I played in a charity game with him once, he was retired and I was the youngster running around for the oldies. Some players hit a heavy ball (Harry Kane) but Temple ‘pinged’ it with sweet timing. He had a reputation in the game for hitting a great volley, it was a thrill to play alongside him.
Wow, great story and precious memories mate ;)

Still don't know yer mate, but always enjoy your input even if I don't agree lots of the time