Old Everton Pictures

....was a teammate of Jimmy Case for a fair time and I can honestly say he’s the best striker of a football I’ve played with or seen. He generated phenomenal power and the set up of his body over the ball is a great lesson for any youngster.
Never forget that tackle, like many others.
If I remember he left that lot when he still had plenty to offer ,as Brighton fans would tell us.
Any reason? Or that lot being more ruthless than us in hanging on to players for to long.

Never forget that tackle, like many others.
If I remember he left that lot when he still had plenty to offer ,as Brighton fans would tell us.
Any reason? Or that lot being more ruthless than us in hanging on to players for to long.

...yep, he finished poor Geoff Nulty with that dreadful challenge. I think the Reds were more ruthless in bringing in better during their successful years. Bob Paisley in particular was very, very shrewd.

Westy cuts out a cross with dirty JC lurking for Leeds -
1599823194023.png

My favourite was the amber blue amber fly away collar around 73/74.
And luckily enough our school team got that kit donated from some die hard blue dads.
great colours imo. Still reminise and like that old kit after all these years.
Our old school football kit was based on the Blackburn Rovers quartered kit.
White shorts.........blue socks. Not that bad really.
But the Jersey was a thick cotton (I think). And when it rained(and it always did) the Jersey absorbed the water and weighed a bloody ton. The old type laced football weighed a ton......needed to be careful if heading it.
The few pitches that we used looked like something out of the Somme.
Our boots weighed a ton....(had to wait another few years for the Alan Ball or George Best boots to be on the market)......My little legs were knackered running about.
But it was great..........loved it all.........even the Blackburn Rovers kit.
But would loved to have played in that Amber and Blue kit.........