Old Everton Pictures

1599783302544.png

This may be HK debut as autograph hunters are after him for his autograph, I was there he admitted himself he had a shocker plus we got beat 1-0 the rumblings around the ground where he is worse than Gabriel, and why sign him - TBH it took him a while to settle in - the rest is History -
View attachment 100824
Didn't help when he scooped a sitter right in front of me over the bar of the Gwladys St goal.

You've lost me with that kit. Looks like Norwich City. But surely two thirds of the trinity didn't play for Norwich........I'm missing something here...
Its the poor washed out colour photo reproduction
Imagine the 'yellow' a shade darker and you have amber
Imagine the 'green' a shade darker and you have blue

Elementary Watson

Famous Chedzoy Corner kick off 1923, changed the rules of corner kicks v Tottenham 1923 evidently Dixie Dean idea to have a go at it as the rules did not say that the ball be crossed in with direct kick one kick - instantly altered by the FA -
View attachment 100884
Some say the rule came up in conversation with a reporter who bet him £5...a decent sum in those days - 2 weeks wages?... he couldn't do it.
Some also say he didn't score but hit the side netting...which still resulted in a rule change.

Last edited:

It was Chelsea.

No ,seriously, it was.
Chelsea away.
An older mate used to always say that was the best away kit ever.
Yellow, green, yellow.
Not for me that kit. The best second strip (for me anyhow) is the second strip worn when we won the league in 1969/70. Amber..blue...Amber. That was an iconic and great kit.........But you cannot ever beat the royal blue and white colours.
Everton playing in green and yellow........not for me.

Its the poor washed out colour photo reproduction
Imagine the 'yellow' a shade darker and you have amber
Imagine the 'green' a shade darker and you have blue

Elementary Watson
Some stretch of the imagination needed to turn that shade of yellow into amber. And that green into blue. The photo looks ok to me. Nothing washed out about it............ It's an awful kit. IMO.

Not for me that kit. The best second strip (for me anyhow) is the second strip worn when we won the league in 1969/70. Amber..blue...Amber. That was an iconic and great kit.........But you cannot ever beat the royal blue and white colours.
Everton playing in green and yellow........not for me.
My favourite was the amber blue amber fly away collar around 73/74.
And luckily enough our school team got that kit donated from some die hard blue dads.