Old Everton Pictures

Marwood’s on Heath was a shocker, I remember at the time thinking to myself that Marwood wouldn’t finish the game unscathed after that “assault” - then along came Mr Reid! Reidy even talks about it on the Howard’s Way dvd!

Marwood on Heath meant that Andy Gray teamed up with Graeme Sharp up front for the rest of the season, and the rest is history...

a hatchet man........wouldn't survive in the modern game. He'd be sent off most weeks for starters. Take the dirty side out of Mackeys game.......and what is left. Don't remember him being praised for his thoughtful .....skilful .....artistic approach to the game. Just a hatchet man.
Most teams had them back then. We can all name them????
I don't fall for all the stereotyping of players. Most of it is nonsense. But imo Mackey was a dirty player. He was what it said on the packet........Dirty.
Glad he never played for Everton. He would have added nothing to the school of science...........nothing .
You didn't like him then?

1599773634856.jpeg

Famous Chedzoy Corner kick off 1923, changed the rules of corner kicks v Tottenham 1923 evidently Dixie Dean idea to have a go at it as the rules did not say that the ball be crossed in with direct kick one kick - instantly altered by the FA -
1599780362432.png