Old Everton Pictures

3315A9D5-9563-4FCD-B510-9CD9E345E527.jpeg

I know I may be the only person on the forum, but did anyone else like this badge? I fell in love with it but honestly loved us going bad to more of the classic

....’cricket’ being the appropriate word, Cumbes a very useful first class cricketer and later Chief Executive at Lancashire CCC.
Famously, once Jimmy had tucked away his football gear at the end of the season, he was donning his cricket whites, and playing County cricket, for firstly his home County Lancashire, then Surrey, Worcestershire and local side Warwickshire, taking 379 first class wickets in 161 matches, quite a record, before returning to Old Trafford to take over the Commercial Manager’s role there in 1984, being hugely successful in his time at Old Trafford, finally retiring in 2012.

Famously, once Jimmy had tucked away his football gear at the end of the season, he was donning his cricket whites, and playing County cricket, for firstly his home County Lancashire, then Surrey, Worcestershire and local side Warwickshire, taking 379 first class wickets in 161 matches, quite a record, before returning to Old Trafford to take over the Commercial Manager’s role there in 1984, being hugely successful in his time at Old Trafford, finally retiring in 2012.

....quite a few footballer/cricketers in those days. Arnie Sidebottam; Chris Balderstone (part of that Carlisle team that cost us a league title) et al.