Old Everton Pictures

Liverpool 0 Everton 2 in March 1970 at Anfield. Joe Royle jumps the highest to score on 11 minutes. Everton 1-0

Liverpool 0 Everton 2 in March 1970 at Anfield. Joe Royle jumps the highest to score on 11 minutes. Everton 1-0
View attachment 54551
Proper center forward big Joe. If it hadn’t have been for his back injury he would have got more goals than Sharpe, he just wasn’t quite the same player when he came back from that injury, still a good center forward but not quite as good.

The former players foundation looked after Wally well to his death,he still lived down south but came up to goodison on a good few occasions,hope i’m not breaking any confidences but this particular time he was invited up for a game,Wally then in his late 80s “disappeared”from his hotel,the EFPF were frantic looking for him,apparently Wally was found just ambling around his old haunts in the city centre,he was quite a character:)
Good story Dario. I saw him play a good few times in the 50s 'Nobby'. But I mainly remember unlike the photo above, that he played with his sleeves down
and gripping the cuffs with his fingers.

Played there for 3 teams over the years. At one stage there were 1 or 2 steel containers to get changed in. For reasons that defy physics it was warmer to get changed outside on the field than inside.
yes remember them containers mate it was mid to late 80s when I played there we thought we had gone big time if you played down the road at walkers they had proper changies

A great signing the best back to back CF in his era - scored a good few also -
View attachment 54534

...i’m a big Eastoe fan, Joey, and he was technically very good but Graeme Sharp is unique in his back to goal ability. I remember talking to a defender who spent a game marking Sharp and said he never saw the football when it was played into him, such was his shielding and lay off ability.

...i’m a big Eastoe fan, Joey, and he was technically very good but Graeme Sharp is unique in his back to goal ability. I remember talking to a defender who spent a game marking Sharp and said he never saw the football when it was played into him, such was his shielding and lay off ability.
And a big arse helped

23rd October 1971 Royle v Leeds (A) Joe Royle pounces on a Jack Charlton blunder, and crashes home the Blues first in a 2-3 defeat - never a good away ground for us in history - also this is were the captaincy of Bally started to crack having a go at Keith Newton for the mistake he made for Leeds winning goal, and even an altification in the game with Howard Kendall over who was taking the free kick - Bally sadly soon to be transfered to Arsenal 3 days before Christmas months later......