Old Everton Pictures

...and on the Bill Shankly playing fields (by the look of things), opposite the gate to Bellfield.

Surprised none of those kids are now posters on here.
had many happy Sunday mornings on there was called barnfield in them days if I remember rightly

...and on the Bill Shankly playing fields (by the look of things), opposite the gate to Bellfield.

Surprised none of those kids are now posters on here.
We were lucky to play there met quite a few of the players on sunday mornings going in for treatment always remember Peter Reid was brilliant with all of us .Saying that thou he dident have much choice with a gang of little Huyton rag arses all round his car

We were lucky to play there met quite a few of the players on sunday mornings going in for treatment always remember Peter Reid was brilliant with all of us .Saying that thou he dident have much choice with a gang of little Huyton rag arses all round his car

...if I remember rightly, Reid used to play for Huyton Boys so he would’ve been right at home.

It was rare for us to have a southerner player for us the chirpy Wally Fielding -
View attachment 54535
The former players foundation looked after Wally well to his death,he still lived down south but came up to goodison on a good few occasions,hope i’m not breaking any confidences but this particular time he was invited up for a game,Wally then in his late 80s “disappeared”from his hotel,the EFPF were frantic looking for him,apparently Wally was found just ambling around his old haunts in the city centre,he was quite a character:)