Old Everton Pictures

Peter Eastoe was injured scoring Everton's second goal at Villa Park 1980-81 -
4b5aff47dede9410bb1c07dd5090530d.jpg
Don't really know why but loved that yellow away kit remember pestering me mum to get me it .bless her she came home with the snidest yellow top with massive Collers with a sown on number 8 on the back .

Brotherston ? Doesn't ring a bell.

God bless him even though I am from a different tradition. He was a great battler for the North and of the old school in terms of effort and passion. Played for Blackburn in the 80s I think.

The kind of player you admired even though he was one of your greatest rival team's players.

I could not believe when he died suddenly of a heart attack at just 38 in the 90s.

RIP

Another example of a follically challenged but brilliant player unfamiliar to most Evertonians was Jackie Jameson of Bohemians - Rovers' most hated rivals. I could not but admire his silky skills and supreme presence on the field in the early 80s.

He had also played for us for all of 5 games in his early years..

Died in 2002 aged just 45.

I will admit that he was one of the top 5 greatest LOI players that I have ever seen and died way too young.

http://www.offtheball.com/The-Great-Man:-The-Legend-of-Jackie-Jameson

Sorry Joey if this is going a little off tangent but I suppose we who are passionate can recognise and appreciate passion and skill, even when in our bitter rivals.

Sorry Shanks, life is more important than football even to us lunatic lifelong Everton passionate supporters..