Old Everton Pictures

78978612-sport-football-pic-circa-1973-sheffield-gettyimages.jpg

I'd forgotten Bramall Lane had only 3 sides to it in those days.
i recall it having a cricket pitch/ ground on the right hand side , from the away end, one i went to at stoke was a bit mad as the roof had been blow off one of the stands, and half the ground was open to the elements, looked a bit like those early footy grounds.

I'd forgotten Bramall Lane had only 3 sides to it in those days.

& 1 of those was a cricket pavillion

post-1084-1235592483.jpg

i recall it having a cricket pitch/ ground on the right hand side , from the away end, one i went to at stoke was a bit mad as the roof had been blow off one of the stands, and half the ground was open to the elements, looked a bit like those early footy grounds.

was it not after non-league Wigan had been there ? they dismantled the roof apparently & were tagged as the non-league hooligans afterwards. A 'rivalry' exists to this day between them.... as in it goes off every single time.

& 1 of those was a cricket pavillion

post-1084-1235592483.jpg

was it not after non-league Wigan had been there ? they dismantled the roof apparently & were tagged as the non-league hooligans afterwards. A 'rivalry' exists to this day between them.... as in it goes off every single time.
I went there in the 3 rd round of the F A cup in our championship year 1970 3rd round a funny ground got beat 2 - 1
It was weird - the score line was worse we were 1-0 up a first half pen converted by Bally - they had two deba sting wingers one who's name a was Alan Woodward , can't R ember the other Wingers name - a grim ground all round that day!