Old Everton Pictures

78984375-sport-football-fa-cup-semi-final-at-highbury-gettyimages.jpg

Done over by one of our own. Tactical genius. Well done Uncle Joe! I loved watching his City teams. Thought Colin Bell was awesome.
I wonder what would have happened to us if Joe Mercer had re joined us as manager after Harry Catterick retired?
Great shout that. Played for arsenal as well but always considered everton as his club. Lovely man as well. As you say can't believe we didnt gofor him after catterick.

Funny you should mention that Allez,I recalled that incident a couple of days ago on here,I was only 9 or 10 and in my minds eye he gave Bingham the V's,yep sold to Brum very soon after,didn't play for us again,I bow to your memory more than mine though mate:)
Not at all. Could have been both because a gesture or two could be seen by one person and not another. V talented apparently Jones....never really saw it myself. Always felt he was talked up and believed the hype. But I was a kid so what did I know?

He was very talented and I really thought that he had the skill and hard-nosed attitude to make it. I thought he was going to develop into a new Morrissey. Quite sad really.
Whereas players with little or no skill can play 300 games blokes players like Jones screw it up somehow. Its like life, innit.

I remember the Altrincham game a little. Terrible tackle on Connolly and a right hard game too.

Great shout that. Played for arsenal as well but always considered everton as his club. Lovely man as well. As you say can't believe we didnt gofor him after catterick.
Recommend his biography if its still available, "Football with a Smile" Cracking book. A must for any Everton, City or Arsenal fan

Remember his home debut (he scored one of his very few goals for us) Rodney Marsh cut us to pieces,we lost 3-2 but it could have been more.