Old Everton Pictures

79662438-sport-football-london-england-8th-august-1970-gettyimages.jpg

78946738-football-18th-august-1963-england-everton-gettyimages.jpg

Football, 18th August 1963, England, Everton players read their 1962/1963 Championship brochure at Goodison Park, Players include Dennis Stevens, Alex Young, Jimmy Gabriel, Gordon West & Tony Kay

This is a long shot but a photo was taken of the paddock at ours when the RS beat us 3.2 in the 85/86 season or the 5 nil in 82/83 season I cant remember which and I am in it , it was featured in a book I would love to see it again if anyone has got it .

I'm crying again as well. Clutch went on my dad's car on way down. Got there at half time. Split my head standing on gate to try and see. Couldn't see anything of game. Piss flowing everywhere down Holte end. Lost in last minute.
Doesn't get much worse than that day.
A broken hearted 12 year old.
And you still came back for more !

I'm crying again as well. Clutch went on my dad's car on way down. Got there at half time. Split my head standing on gate to try and see. Couldn't see anything of game. Piss flowing everywhere down Holte end. Lost in last minute.
Doesn't get much worse than that day.
A broken hearted 12 year old.
I was there that day too in the upper Holt end a little bit older maybe , but scared stiff as the delay on the coach etc _ the fans had kicked in the wooden exit doors no need for tickets yet my brother had them - hence it was way overcrowded with crushing swaying the players looked like subbuteo size - Howard Kendall was injured, awful game hardly seen it - left early as it was so unsafe in the upper holt end that day at the very back - only to get home to see City manager former blue Joe Mercer grinning like a Cheshire cat - we heard a roar go up thinking a replay would be fair , and a coach driver told us city had just scored - I vowed I would not go to another semi final ever again - it was the crowd crushing people getting crushed - very hard to get a decent spec to view that game, I had stood on the Spion Kop to see the blues v the dreaded packed to the hilt, but never that packed it was dangerous imo! fans wer throwing up being crushed horrible day all round getting beat was the final nail in the coffin - I seen the game on TV and the front end of the Holt end looked comfortable crowd wise to were we ended up at the top tier!