Of interest?Title winning day pre match 1985.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a find this video is,I was 16,got there very early and got my usual speck in those days on the ledge in the street end,just to the right of the goal as you'd look down,just watching that clip brought back the emotions I was feeling as I waited for the match to start. Would be interesting to see the game in full,just to see again how we played,my memories are that it was all a bit nervous and edgy until Sharpy scored the second and then it was carnival time! I'm sure that one of the QPR players (Bannister maybe?)beat big Nev all ends up only to see it come off the inside of the post,just before we got our second? QPR were a useful team back then,always a tough opponent,they might have had nothing to play for but I don't recall them lying down for us that day.

With my Dad and Uncle,In our usual spot back in the day,Bullens Rd paddock halfway line,we’d be the first to see them come out before ZCars. What a great day. Had to get the old B&I ferry back that night.

Its a shame nothing much was filmed fan wise in 1970 v WBA to clinch the title - the ground to get in that night from start to finish not all ticket either had to get in 2 hours before kick off too - the whole ground sang that night unbelievable noise - great find in 1985 @Dario Terracotta of 1985;)

What a night that was Joey, I was in the Upper Bullens aged eleven with my Dad! A night and atmosphere marginally edged into the second best by the Bayern Munich game fifteen years later!

Can't remember pre-match just remember seeing us parade the trophy from the street end. Remember 86 a little more (6-1 v Southampton, everyone thought Chelsea were beating the RS but nevermind). And 87 v Luton singing 'champions' 'champions' 'champions'

Status
Not open for further replies.