Now who thinks we've got a small squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lao

Player Valuation: £35m
If Landon Donovan plays tomorrow he will be the 32nd player to have been used this season so far. The record is 35 different players in a season (happened 3 times, the last being 94/95).

With returning injured players (Jags, Arteta, Anichebe should all get games before the end of the season) we may see the record broken this season.

The number of players used usually corresponds with level of success. ie. the more players, the less successful and vice-versa. 62/3 championship season was our record low number - 16 players used.

In 94/95 we used six different players at right back. Will we break that record as well?

Anyone expecting much this season then?

If Landon Donovan plays tomorrow he will be the 32nd player to have been used this season so far. The record is 35 different players in a season (happened 3 times, the last being 94/95).

With returning injured players (Jags, Arteta, Anichebe should all get games before the end of the season) we may see the record broken this season.

The number of players used usually corresponds with level of success. ie. the more players, the less successful and vice-versa. 62/3 championship season was our record low number - 16 players used.

In 94/95 we used six different players at right back. Will we break that record as well?

Anyone expecting much this season then?

Yeah mate i mentioned this in the Quality Vs Quantity thread i posted yesterday, counting everyone i got 30 -35 players at the managers disposal at the start of the year.

Our squad isn't that small. Our squad of senior players is. We've relied on kids to see us through, which may i add they've done admirably. Once our walking wounded are back we can use the rest of this season to improve their fitness and crack on next year

We dont have a small squad. We have 20-25 first teamers, or at least guys who have played in the first team for a reasonable amount of time. It's just our misfortune that lots of them are injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.