Match Thread Nottingham Forest v Everton - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….i’m taking the clan away this weekend so would normally enjoy a game but I’m dreading this.

Everybody is fuming, it doesn’t transition into calculated results on the pitch. It’s like we’ve gone from a steady improvement to being chucked into an ice bath and being expected to continue where we’d left off.

I think we’ll get back on track but I fear it might be too late.
Where are you going

Think its the perfect game for Beto to get off the mark
Yes! It’s perfect for his swashbuckling style. He should be raring to go (if fit) after seeing Dom more reliable than maybe everyone thought.

I’m terrified of the result here given the table and upcoming games, but we have beaten better teams than these away from home very recently. Perfectly doable with a professional performance.

Weird place to play; their crowd, whilst not intimidating, are commendably still in the PL honeymoon phase and stay supportive when behind, no massive groans for bad passes etc. It will go to the final whistle this one.

We win this, that tub of taramosalata who owns forest can GTF
fixed.

Onana is a huge miss, nobody else can get the ball from deep and drive forward with it like him.
Is Beto definitely missing? Seems that DCL is being wrapped in cotton wool so also might be missing. The one player I definitely don’t want anywhere near the starting 11 is Ashley Young, he’s already cost us enough points and puts the shackles on Harrison in front of him because of his zimmerframe getting caught in the turf and the opposition targeting his side. I think Dyche is doing as well as he can so far but if he keeps picking Young after witnessing his countless errors and general lack of mobility, his awful decision making, his legs taking 3 seconds longer than his brain and his woeful positioning, then some goodwill he has will be eroded.

Last edited:
I'm sure we will bottle it again, under the pressure...
Without Onana I could see us losing this one. Garner and Gana are just not a solid enough two in the middle and that rubs off on the McNeil's and Harrison's of the world who spend more time in midfield/defending - which then makes us slower on the break. We urgently need to shore up that midfield or switch back to a 3. That said we dont really have anyone to put in a 3.
Not a great time to be a Blue is it?

stop lads.

Yes! It’s perfect for his swashbuckling style. He should be raring to go (if fit) after seeing Dom more reliable than maybe everyone thought.

I’m terrified of the result here given the table and upcoming games, but we have beaten better teams than these away from home very recently. Perfectly doable with a professional performance.

Weird place to play; their crowd, whilst not intimidating, are commendably still in the PL honeymoon phase and stay supportive when behind, no massive groans for bad passes etc. It will go to the final whistle this one.

we have to get a result like and dyche will want to

Aren't these without Awoniyi? He's a proper handful and creates all the space for their wingers. They tend to struggle without him so let's hope that rings true tomorrow.

Think we can do them if I'm honest. We were good before the international break and impressive first 45 against United, if we keep those levels high we should run out winners.

Would start Beto and have him bump lumps out of their centre halves, then bring Dom on to finish the job in the last half an hour.

Feels big. We lose and the narrative that we're doomed becomes a bit more real. We win and suddenly the story gets a bit smaller.

Going for a ridiculously optimistic 0-2.

Duncan Ferguson scores Everton’s third goal in the 60th minute of this Premier League match against Nottingham Forest converting a cross and assist by Andre Kanchelskis.

What I love about this is the ball goes out and the right winger quickly takes the throw in. Every throw in now they make sure the full back takes it, waits for the opposition to be ready, and then the winger receives it with his back to goal!

Personally don't think we can recover if we go a further 3 points behind 17th by end of weekend.

That would require an 8-point swing in our favour, and we're a side that has an atrocious home record and has gone back to looking anaemic in attack.

It's all good claiming our home form will improve, but there is no evidence at all to back it up. The performances are horrific and although we create lots of chances, we don't force the keepers into quality saves. We also miss countless easy chances.

Away results alone cannot get us another 20 points this season, which is likely what we need, alongside the odd home point, to stay up.

Can't see it. Absolutely must win this today to give some hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.