not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont like mentioning it because of the stigmatism thrown around on here, but does anyone else consider the referee tonight to be a bit of a ''homer''?

lol Jobs done I've got you explaining every little gay reference :D

Yep, i think the crux of last night was that we showed we are still novices in Europe. Main thing is that lessons are learned from it.

Agree with the ref point. Cheesed me off that the whistle was blown every time one of them fell to the floor.

TBH I couldn't give a damn about the ref and refuse point blank to use him as any form of excuse. We played badly, they closed us down all over the park, they out worked us and too many players went missing...........that is the stark truth. I said we made mistakes against Pompey towards h/t on Sunday, you could not afford to make those same mistakes last night and we did to the extent that our back four have not been that rattled all season.

Can we still win, of course we can, get them at GP and it will be their turn to [Poor language removed] themsleves, the close proximity of the fans, the players lifted by every shout. The ball is in our court now lets use it this time.

TBH I couldn't give a damn about the ref and refuse point blank to use him as any form of excuse. We played badly, they closed us down all over the park, they out worked us and too many players went missing...........that is the stark truth. I said we made mistakes against Pompey towards h/t on Sunday, you could not afford to make those same mistakes last night and we did to the extent that our back four have not been that rattled all season.

Can we still win, of course we can, get them at GP and it will be their turn to [Poor language removed] themsleves, the close proximity of the fans, the players lifted by every shout. The ball is in our court now lets use it this time.

Yeah, petty much go along with that. Wasnt using the ref as an excuse, the 2-0 result was merited. Just felt he was a little whistle happy.

I agree with most of the posts..but did we play [Poor language removed] because they made us play [Poor language removed] by closing us down. Not a decent effort on goal all game. We can still come back but i wouldn't put a bet on it now, they will shut up shop at Goodison and wait for the counter, i fear the worst.

isn't the ref appointed for the whole tie ? i.e. both legs ?
we were [Poor language removed] last night, just werent there really, cahills overhead was a blinder too and yet again a questionable decision costs us a goal.

The ref wasnt too kind, but thats no excuse for the way we played. Still another leg though, its only half time. COYB!!!

lol Jobs done I've got you explaining every little gay reference :D

''homer'' was a reference to the comments made about that referee* in the [Poor language removed] vs inter game two weeks ago.

as for the emboldened text, keep dreaming sugar buns.

*supposed.

was proper gutted last night but we are more then capable of winnin the game at goodison .... all i fear is can we stop them scorin at home? if they do that then we are more or less out ..... we need to go for it we need to go 4 4 2 my team would be

howard

nev
jags/yobo
lescott
baines

arteta
cahill
manny
pienaar

aj
yak

that would be more team and just go for it ..... and hope we score in the first 10/20 mins.... or get the 2-0 lead and see what happens in extra time

Im just wondering about the rules

if we win 0-2 at goodison, do we go to overtime?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.