Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put Sigurdsson or anyone else in there to make it a 3. Our midfield is non-existent and we need more bodies to make up for the lack of quality.
I’d actually consider putting Holgate back there and bringing on one of the young guns. If not that Beni and Sig both on with Beni shielding the back 4 and let Gomes and Sig try to create something.

Gomes is definitely off the pace but we've got to remember that he was injured before the break, so it's been a long time since he's played on a regular basis.

I think there's a lot more that we can get out of him. On the other hand, Davies is not good enough to regularly be playing in our midfield, which I've said repeatedly.

If there's someone who could break up the play - like Gana - and ideally play forward as well, I think we'd offer much more in terms of tempo and creativity.

To simplify it: there is currently no intensity or creativiy in our central pair. A quick pass forward or a surging run, bringing a change of pace, would vitalise us.

On the right, I think a real quality wide player would provide an offesnive avenue and relieve the pressure on the others; a good partnership with full backs too.

I'm not sold on Iwobi as of yet and Bernard is inconsistent, but I think they could play a part in the short to medium term if there were others to help them shine.

I get it mate.

Gomes is trendy.

We need to find excuses for him.

But he's been as garbage as Davies, IMO.

Richardson is playing like a 3 legged dog. Why can't he make the passes up to him stick! Poor first touch for a brazilian.

It is clear the midfield is poor. Davies seems to get more stick than Gomes, but at least he is willing to try and pass or run forward. Gomes seems to pass sideways or backwards, doesn’t try and run forward and doesn’t seem to tackle that much either! Struggling to find much positive, at least Norwich look bad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.