Non-UK Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
South African here, 1985 FA cup final was when I started supporting Everton and its been whirlwind of emotions ever since. Have been to Goodison only once, FA Cup vs Ipswich 1999 Nicky "judas" Barmby with the goal.

Jersey, Channel Islands Blue with Liverpool connections on my Mums side (Uncle/Cousins etc).

Supported them since I can remember and been to Goodison a few times and a couple of aways.

Went to 95 cup final when I was 15 first game seeing Everton :)

I'm from the other, "Newer" Jersey.

I think it's because of Tim Howard (a local boy)...I got a signed ball from him wishing me a happy birthday when I was like 10 and he was playing for the Metrostars. My love faded once I laid eyes on Cahill and Arteta, still my two favorite players.

Really, I don't know...there are plenty of teams with players I like. Something with me and Everton just clicked, and now I'm rabid.

Polish Blue. Been at FA Cup final, at Goodison when we played against United (famous 3-3) and in Wien this year.

Australian as well. Born not manufactured doesn't necessarily imply location IMO, only a certain type of person is an Evertonian.

One of my greatest dreams in life is to watch an Everton game from the Lower Gladwys, going mental with all you blokes.

South African here
Long-term unaligned football fan- Father and family members mostly United and Spurs fans.
Found myself for no good reason over the years becoming more and more fond of Everton, tipping point reached in the AJ derby after which I became a fanatic.
Still dreaming of first visit to Goodison.

South African here
Long-term unaligned football fan- Father and family members mostly United and Spurs fans.
Found myself for no good reason over the years becoming more and more fond of Everton, tipping point reached in the AJ derby after which I became a fanatic.
Still dreaming of first visit to Goodison.

hope you realise your dream mate, magical IMO

Lebanese, no connections and never been in UK

I hate "glory hunters" and around here, 99% support the teams that won things in the last decade, it was around between 2000 and 2004 that i became interested in the premier league, with cable tvs showing the games and internet to follow news and forums, i used to watch the games but never felt a thing toward a specific team, i also refused to support the big teams i also didn't feel anything special about any of them, I decided to pick a team that has the potential to be champions one day, a team that currently not a top team but has all the ingredients to be a top team, a team with history and won things in the past, has a good supporters base, ect.ect.ect.

So i ended up reading about the teams on the internet and there was only one choice and was a very easy choice, i remember that Rooney goal against Arsenal very well, one of the earliest memories, it made me feel proud, something like "I made the right choice".

By 2004-2005 i was already a die hard blue, never looked back since then

It's almost 10 years, next target: watch a game live at Goodison

I hate "glory hunters" and around here, 99% support the teams that won things in the last decade, it was around between 2000 and 2004 that i became interested in the premier league, with cable tvs showing the games and internet to follow news and forums, i used to watch the games but never felt a thing toward a specific team, i also refused to support the big teams i also didn't feel anything special about any of them, I decided to pick a team that has the potential to be champions one day, a team that currently not a top team but has all the ingredients to be a top team, a team with history and won things in the past, has a good supporters base, ect.ect.ect.

So i ended up reading about the teams on the internet and there was only one choice and was a very easy choice, i remember that Rooney goal against Arsenal very well, one of the earliest memories, it made me feel proud, something like "I made the right choice".

Hope it happens for you mate.

I have some experience of Jays from Lebanon.

Another world back then.....

Aussie over here! Was never into football as I played and loved Aussie Rules. My best friend is a supporter of the ****e and slowly turned me into liking football, even stopped playing aussie rules to play football. Luckily I found out who is the best team in Merseyside and have been a passionate follow in Australia since the season after the 2002 world cup. Love the Toffees with all my heart and fortunately I got to see them play over here in Australia in a pre season tour a few years back! Planning to go to goodison next year for my birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.