2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you can shed some light on his comment about the fans. Was he saying the players are terrified of them?
No he didn't, it was a bad translation. He said the fans were terrified by the play style under Sam and so were the players. This season the position in league table might not show that but Everton under Silva plays much more attractive football and the result will come eventually. He watches every Everon match.

Honestly, I like him. I thought it was harsh that he was ostracised from the group. But, at the same time, I didn't see an issue in loaning him out if he wasn't going to play - the loan has been good for him.

I hope we bring him back into the fold and he wants to fight for his place.

I can see where @ijjysmith is coming from, but looking at it logically, I think Vlasic has hit the nail on the head with most things.

Given the pledge at AGM about younger players on lower wages etc, I think the message from above (not God) may well be to see if he can fit back in come pre-season.

It's down to him to impress, obviously, but honestly whenever he played last year I don't think he actually put a foot wrong.

Plus, anybody who digs in at Fat Sam is a friend to me.

Honestly, I like him. I thought it was harsh that he was ostracised from the group. But, at the same time, I didn't see an issue in loaning him out if he wasn't going to play - the loan has been good for him.

I can see where @ijjysmith is coming from, but looking at it logically, I think Vlasic has hit the nail on the head with most things.

Given the pledge at AGM about younger players on lower wages etc, I think the message from above (not God) may well be to see if he can fit back in come pre-season.

It's down to him to impress, obviously, but honestly whenever he played last year I don't think he actually put a foot wrong.

As he sees it, Everton will bring players from top PL or top Europe clubs in deficite positions in squad for big money. It is not realistic for Vlasic to play if they pay 30 mil. € or more for alread proven player in his position no matter how good he might be in preseason.

He just didn't do anything last year. He got chances in games like home to Burnley and West Brom and was so anonymous he had to be hooked. He deserves his chance in pre season to show if he has developed but there is absolutely no basis to suggest he was harshly treated here, or that he will suddenly be good enough next year.

He just didn't do anything last year. He got chances in games like home to Burnley and West Brom and was so anonymous he had to be hooked. He deserves his chance in pre season to show if he has developed but there is absolutely no basis to suggest he was harshly treated here, or that he will suddenly be good enough next year.

He didn't do any less than a lot of other players, tbf, mate.

Maybe harsh is a strong word. I don't think he was hard done by, I just don't think he did much wrong either, if you get me.

The more worrying thing for me is the suggestion that Everton don't really care about their loanees.

While some of them may be tosh, they are still our players. I can understand if Mirallas and Bolasie aren't regularly checked on, but you'd like to think - with the younger players especially - that there is regular contact and assessment of their performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.