2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this lad coming in as a squad player for us? He looks tidy af and better than about 12 current LBs in the league. Some bad scouting systems around.
Loads of clubs had scouted him and he had quite a few options. Everton were successful as they sold the club as offering him the best pathway into first team football.

There's a lot more to getting a player through the door than just scouting him. Finding is often the easy part as there are very few secrets in football.

Loads of clubs had scouted him and he had quite a few options. Everton were successful as they sold the club as offering him the best pathway into first team football.

There's a lot more to getting a player through the door than just scouting him. Finding is often the easy part as there are very few secrets in football.
I think they said last night Juventus were interested.

I agree - i've been impressed by him doing the basics, the calm passes under pressure at the back, something Baines was really good at

I just think with him and Digne on that left hand side hopefully it will help keep Salah and Terence Trent Alexander-D'arby quiet or even more concerned about what we do in attack.

So, I guess we may as well just give him the Young Player of the Year award for this season now! He's been terrific. Fingers crossed that continues.
Both him and Gordon have been a real shot in the arm - both hungry to impress and eager to put in the effort required - just the type of players we want.
I am reminded of a young Coleman when i see Nkounkou, not just his swashbuckling forays but the way he has joined the club under the radar.
Both come for a pittance in modern footballing terms and both grabbed their chance - great to see.
The only problem I see now is that with Nkounkou and Digne we have a 21st century Shilton/Clemence situation! (a good problem to have)
I guess we stick with Digne mostly but must be careful not to stop the growth of a potentially excellent player.
Over to you Carlo....

The boy has got one hell of an engine on him, never stopped running from the first to the final whistle. Really exciting prospect, powerful, direct, skillful, can cross AND he chose us above the other interested clubs...whats not to like. (plus he NEVER stops smiling!)

Slien Uoknuokn

1600938047485.png

Status
Not open for further replies.