2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20201001_180342.jpg

Hopefully we extend Digne and his deals...both on 3 years at the moment.

Have to say, he looks exceptional.

As people may have noticed I'd not massively been on the Nkonkou train. He had performed very well, but against lower league opposition. I thought tody was his best game. He bullied Yarmelenko, who is a top international in his own right and been in great form this season. He seemed to assess quite early on Yarmalenko didn't fancy playing against him, and just got more aggressive as a result. Really mature and smart play to suss that out in game. Assessing the winger can't run past him, so he is just going to swamp him.

He looks a very talented player to me. It's interesting that while Kean and Gordon have not made the cut, or even the squad, this lad has kept his place.

He looks a very talented player to me. It's interesting that while Kean and Gordon have not made the cut, or even the squad, this lad has kept his place.

I was thinking the same, Kean I can understand (Ancelotti said he wasn't well), but Gordon was the best performer in both League Cup games. And putting Digne at CB for Nkonkou to play, was way more of a risk than putting Gordon on the wings.

I was thinking the same, Kean I can understand (Ancelotti said he wasn't well), but Gordon was the best performer in both League Cup games. And putting Digne at CB for Nkonkou to play, was way more of a risk than putting Gordon on the wings.

I think it gives an indication of how highly he thinks of him.

Think he could play 2nd fiddle RB as well? Hell he might even be able to challenge both Digne and Coleman for 1st place this season. Kenny being outclassed by this lad.

Does anyone think the future of our back 4 is Nkounkou at left back and Digne moved to centre back, similar to when Alaba used to be a marauding full back for Bayern but is now a centre half with Alphonso Davies taking his place on the left?

As people may have noticed I'd not massively been on the Nkonkou train. He had performed very well, but against lower league opposition. I thought tody was his best game. He bullied Yarmelenko, who is a top international in his own right and been in great form this season. He seemed to assess quite early on Yarmalenko didn't fancy playing against him, and just got more aggressive as a result. Really mature and smart play to suss that out in game. Assessing the winger can't run past him, so he is just going to swamp him.

Come on now, jump aboard the hype train.

Next stop is "Tom Davies is our Gerrard" then onto " George Green is a future Worldie "

Does anyone think the future of our back 4 is Nkounkou at left back and Digne moved to centre back, similar to when Alaba used to be a marauding full back for Bayern but is now a centre half with Alphonso Davies taking his place on the left?

nope. Holgate and Big Mick.

If Allan is injured, Holgate goes def mid and Yerry comes in.

me manager.

simples!!

Status
Not open for further replies.