2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard not to get excited by this kid, though the ghost of Garbutt Past keeps popping up. Carlo is a big factor here, he’s got the experience to get the best out of him in different positions if need be and just give an Italian shrug with a mere raising of one eyebrow if he has a bad game and just continue with the project.

I hope he starts against West Ham it'll be a real good test and show where he's at, He's only played vs Salford/Fleetwood so far but all the signs look positive, He's not even played much English football either yet he's slotted right in.

Curious who Marseille had in the queue that meant Niels felt he had to leave and join a club with Lucas Digne in the starting line up as a more viable proposition I've gone to have a look. In the last game they started with a 34 year old Japanese guy (they bought after selling Niels) who peaked a few years ago at 14m but is now worth 800k.
They have a chap Amavi worth 9.5m at 26 years of age and a 22 year old, Rocchia, worth less than 1m.

Now I don't know anything about those players but I'm thinking that is not the youth program I would be sending my lightie any time soon. What is Villas Boas doing over there?

Curious who Marseille had in the queue that meant Niels felt he had to leave and join a club with Lucas Digne in the starting line up as a more viable proposition I've gone to have a look. In the last game they started with a 34 year old Japanese guy (they bought after selling Niels) who peaked a few years ago at 14m but is now worth 800k.
They have a chap Amavi worth 9.5m at 26 years of age and a 22 year old, Rocchia, worth less than 1m.

Now I don't know anything about those players but I'm thinking that is not the youth program I would be sending my lightie any time soon. What is Villas Boas doing over there?
Learning from Digne and playing for Ancelotti is probably as good as it gets for a young french fullback.

Big test for him on Wednesday. Looked great against lower league opposition but not been tested defensively.

I think he's been tested a couple of times defensively and looks very inexperienced and raw. To be expected.

But going forward this kid is absolute dynamite. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him turned into an attacking winger.

If we could get him defensively sound where he's tactically and positionally aware as a defender then we've got a ready made Digne replacement. At worst, he'll be a quality wing back. At best he'll be a lethal left winger as every ball he's put into the box is so dangerous but it's done with precision, not just chucked in and hope for the best

Status
Not open for further replies.